I think I'm in love

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart k ranch

Reaction score
default_biggrin.png
Its snowing here and I go run around in it for a couple of minutes!!

I'm sorry I've only seen snow a handful of times and its so pretty!!

Your right but for right now I'm happy..... It won't be snowing to long, its suppose to be back in the 50 tomorrow..
default_bye-sad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How about snow and a deep freeze like what we get in Jan - Feb ? I guess it's really needed tho with all these bugs we get out here...at least it kills all the germs and somewhat stifles the fleas and ticks. (Note I said "somewhat") I agree...the snow is beautiful to watch and play in....but when you have to shovel and drive in it, it takes on a whole new different meaning.
default_biggrin.png
I remembr when we lived in CA...and we got snowflurries on year....omg that was awesome!

I think snow is pretty too and generally dont mind it at all.

This year though we had a thaw and then a heavy freeze. Now we are a lake of ice. We have been out the last 3 days spreading shavings and pouring salt and trying to break up ice with the tractor. It is a treacherous mess!

We have it safe for the horses finally but it is going to be a mess to clean up come spring!

For the most part, out winter is over after Jan, with the occasional snow and cold but it does not last. Sure hope it proves true this year.

Its snowing here and I go run around in it for a couple of minutes!!
I'm sorry I've only seen snow a handful of times and its so pretty!!
It is pretty...but not when you are shoveling/plowing it all the time...I'm so sick of snow and cold I could puke!

hehe. Sorry guys! It went as fast as it started! Its gone!
default_sad.png

Ya'll are right though I wouldn't want to be plowing or shoveling snow either in cold weather!

Yes, snow is nice....for the first snow fall....then it is just annoying. I only really like snow up to Christmas....I really don't like green Christmases. After that, it is a drag. And unfortunately it gets WORSE after the middle of January here. From mid Jan to March is normally when we get our most snow
default_sad.png
And it isn't the pretty big snow flakes falling snow....it's nasty winds, white outs, and treacherous driving conditions....and also COLD, COLD weather......

But I do love the first real snowfall of the winter season.

~kathryn

LOL...living where we do, snow isn't all that rare...OR welcome...
default_sad.png
default_biggrin.png

Reading your post brought this e-mail I just received to mind. Sorry to those of you in CT...that just happened to be the place that got the "blame" in this one.
default_biggrin.png

Winter Diary

August 12: Moved to our new home in Connecticut. It is so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see snow covering them.

October 14: Connecticut is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful mountains and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.

November 11: Deer season will start soon. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

December 2: It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snow ball fight (I won), and when the snow-plow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Connecticut.

December 12: More snow last night. I love it. The snow-plow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.

December 19: More snow last night. Couldn’t get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Freaking snow-plow.

December 22: More of that white crap fell last night. I’ve got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snow-plow hides around the curve and waits until I’m done shoveling the driveway. Poopie-head!

December 25: Merry darned Christmas. More stupid snow. If I ever get my hands on that s-o-b who drives the snow-plow I swear I’ll do him in. Don’t know why they don’t use more salt on the roads to melt the stinking ice.

December 27: More white crap last night. Been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow-plow goes through every time. Can’t go anywhere, car’s stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the crap again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

December 28: The stinking weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of that crap this time. At this rate it won’t melt before the summer. The snow-plow got stuck up in the road and that s-o-b came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the crap he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his head.

January 4: Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those beasts should be done-in. Wish the hunters had got them all last November.

May 3: Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from that darned salt they put all over the roads.

May 10: Moved to Arizona. I can’t imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that forsaken state of Connecticut.

hehehehehehehehehheheee....

that is so funny! I moved to NC after living in Upstate NY and CT all of my life!

Enjoy the snow!

el

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
... Thanks goodess that I live in Texas!! And all we get is a handful of snow.

I could see were it would drive you crazy!!

Oh goodness I dislike the snow/cold but have lived in Minnesota all of my life. It is mostly the cold that I don't care for. Tonight the windchill will be 45 below...but I"m still here :DOH!

I remember long ago I was with a group of friends going out in the evening and it started to snow. One of the guys in the group was from Florida and had never seen snow in his life and at that time we were just 19. He just flipped out when the snowflakes came down, I just looked at him with amazement. At the tender age of 19
default_rolleyes.gif
it didn't cross my mind that there was someone out there who had never seen snow....strange to me.
default_rolleyes.gif

Anywho...Here where the winds blow hard, even 1-2 inches of snow can drift so bad, I get cranky when the snow drifts are up to the roof of my garage and I can wonder up there and it does damage like driving the steel posts of my fence into the ground and bending them over. Have never had a horse get out yet tho. Sigh.

If I get a plane ticket will anyone from the warm states let me stay with them for lets say 3 months? Make it 4 and I can skip the month of MUD.... :DOH!

Oh. P.S. It must be at least 60 degrees where you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back