I received a letter from my Union

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
McCain has voted 90% of the time with Bush and 100% this year.

McCain voted to privatize social security in 1998 and 2005. He voted for NAFTA, The China Trade agreement PTNR and other trade agreements that hurt the American worker.

He voted to dismantle Medicare in 05 and 06.

He voted against Minimum Wage, and the Free Choice act.

He voted to give the wealthiest 1% a tax break.

He voted against full funding for the Veterans Affairs Department in 04.05,06,07 and against the 21st century Veterans Act in 08.

He opposes a National Healthcare Plan.

He opposes the Fair Pay Restoration Act for WOMEN.

He opposes a workers right to strike without being replaced and the list goes on.

AND, JOHN McCAIN WALKED ACROSS A UNION PICKET LINE TO BE ON THE JAY LENO SHOW!

Barack Obama voted against tax cuts for the wealthiest 1%, not once but twice.

He voted to increase minimum wage.

He voted for the employee Free Choice Act.

He voted against privatizing Social Security.

If this is true, I'd think that if you are a woman, an older person getting ready to retire, anyone who works for a living and certainly someone who works for a union, anyone who isn't in the 1% top wealthiest, if you only work for minimum wage and on and on, I'd just think it'd make you stop and think. But I did get this letter from my credit union so I believe it is a fact. They obviously believe that McCain is not for the working american, which I have been all of my life and I assume I will always be.

EDITTED TO ADD - I only know people that fit my description here, I have to admit that I don't care to much about the rich or the big wigs, they have so many tax breaks anyway to allow them to get richer, I care about my fellow American, I see what's happening to so many, I lost my job to Mexico, I'm unemployed, our company, which makes auto parts, is about to close down here in the states. We had 800 employees in Winona, MN. I believe most of the county isn't rich. I see struggling Americans. Theirs something about Obama that I don't trust and I wonder if it's the color of his skin that I don't trust. I grew up with a very prejudiced father, I've tried hard to over come this and I think I have but what if, deep down, that is still with in me, I'm not really sure but I hope not. His name doesn't help but that's not his fault. I will never side with big business and giving tax breaks for taking American jobs out of the country. Maybe I watch to much tv, I'm recovering from surgery so not much else to do. But unless something really obvious pops up (and I'm still waiting and watching) I think no matter who gets in to the White House, they'll have an almost impossible job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a very similiar letter/pamphlet from my union...unions almost always endorse a democrat, regardless of who is running. Democrats do appear to be more union friendly. As far as the list of things being true, it doesn't matter what I say or anyone else...you can look them up, online you will find things that say they are true and things that say they aren't...it depends on which source you choose to believe.

At work, like I said I'm union, I heard one of our union officers ask someone else who they were going to vote for (none of his business is what I would of told him, he knows that, hence he hasn't asked me). The person said, he hadn't decided yet, that he was still speaking with his church about it. The union officer got all huffy...why in the world would you let your church tell you who to vote for...I said why would you let a union tell you who to vote for!

Honestly, if I was voting only to better myself (my job)...I probably would vote for Obama. Democrats are more opposed to privatizing Air Traffic Control. However, I look at the whole picture and what I think would be best for the country as a whole, I just do not consider myself in the equation and what is best for me..it's not that simple for me. I want everyone in the country to prosper, not just myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know the # of the bill as it was presented? That is the only way to know if a senator has screwed up as there may have been ear marks and other garbage attached to them. That is what makes it so hard to judge them by the voting record. Ask your union to provide you with a copy of the whole bill. They should be willing to do that if they have your best interest at heart.

And NO i am not promoting 1 candidate over the other. I am an independant voter.

Oh yes, union influence. Where I worked before I helped manage a medical facility. A union campaign was started and of course being a manager I was public enemy. One day one of the aides told me she was short on diapers until payday and the store would be closed when her shift would be over. I was on my way out of the building to get lunch. This young lady and I have done this several times before. I would pick them up and on payday she would pay me back. I came back trying not to run over the people the union sent out since no one from the facility would picket. The next day a flyer was placed on everyones vehicles stating that I failed to get the same brand of diapers that the young lady uses and that made me a terrible person trying to take away her right to choose. I got what the place had in the correct size. So, I don't take too much stock in stuff like that. BUT McCain voted 95% with Bush this year, 77% last year. Look at what he voted for NOT the fact that he voted with him. They needed monies for our troops to have equipment they needed. Go look at what the WHOLE issues are that he voted for not the fact that he was present and voted the same as someone else. Heck look at how small of a paragraph they have for Obama. Hmmm, must be all the nice things they could muster up in his short time, no experience career. Sorry had to mention that.

Here is Obama's record.

Time Period Number of Votes Missed Votes Percent

2005-Q1 81 0 0%

2005-Q2 89 6 6.7%

2005-Q3 76 1 1.3%

2005-Q4 119 1 0.8%

2006-Q1 83 0 0%

2006-Q2 107 2 1.9%

2006-Q3 73 1 1.4%

2006-Q4 16 0 0%

2007-Q1 126 3 2.4%

2007-Q2 112 20 17.9%

2007-Q3 119 67 56.3%

2007-Q4 85 76 89.4%

2008-Q1 85 31 36.5%

2008-Q2 77 65 84.4%

2008-Q3 47 41 87.2%

2008-Q4 4 0 0%

When it comes to missed votes you also have to find out why. You can on search that because I do not have the time this am.

Here is the link to where you can check out his voting record of what he did and did not vote for GOV CHECK You can also check out what McCain has voted for on this site.

Both candidates have missed votes. When it comes to missed votes you also have to find out why. You can on search that because I do not have the time this am. Please do not rely on what someone tells you. Look into it yourself.

Oh, and the union never made it into our facility. After working side by side with the staff for so many years I was glad that they knew who I really was and did not get caught up in all of the hype.

Go look at what the WHOLE issues are that he voted for not the fact that he was present and voted the same as someone else.
Fran that's probably the best advice I've seen on any of these posts.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back