I need to vent!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari

Reaction score
I just need to let it all out, and I need to do it outside the circle of college friends because they will know who is bugging me and it'll turn into DRAMA and I can't stand drama. So, sorry, you guys get it!

I invited one of my good college friends to a concert at the WA State Fair. Figured, it'll be fun, we haven't seen each other since I graduated and we have fun together. But, I just found out she turned around and invited five other people! I know four of them, but DO NOT like two of them. They are pushy, overbearing... the type of people that have an opinon about everything, and if you don't follow them you are being a b****. Know what I mean? It was a small campus, so I ran into them a lot. As the quarter would wear on, they got on my nerves more and more. I would refuse to agree with them most of the time, and so, as one of them would say over and over, I was "such a b****!" I try hard not to be, but maybe to them I was. Liz? Kim? Hilay? Am I a b****? I'd like to honestly know if I am, so I can work on it. Anyway... I was SO GLAD to graduate in June, mostly because I could get away (and stay away) from them.

Now I have to see them again! And I KNOW one of them is going to assume I'm giving her one of my 2nd row tickets. Uh... no... I didn't invite you. She'd probably slug me if I said that, but it's tempting.

Pray for patience for me, please! I'll start preparing for it now and maybe I'll be ready for them by Sept 19th and my concert won't be ruined.

Thanks for letting me whine....

Kari

You can do it Kari. It's only a few short hours of a lifetime. But, I agree with you, it was rude of your friend to invite others without discussing it with you first. Carry your boxing gloves with you so if anybody slugs you for not giving them your ticket, you can slug 'em back.

Yeah, you are gonna have to suck it up and bite your tongue on this one no doubt. Sounds semi-miserable but I bet you'll make the best of it!

default_smile.png

You are in NO way a b*tch by any stretch and to suggest it just b/c you don't agree w/them or worship them is ludicrous.

Definitely no reason to give tickets to someone you did not invite and dig your heels in and stick to your guns on THAT one.

If y'have problems I'll go "firewood lady" on 'em if ya need me to. ;)

Liz

Are you expected to come up with tickets for everyone??? I would set THAT record straight. And I would also nicely let your GUEST know that she put you on the spot by inviting all the extras! (Even if you DID like them all, it was still extremely rude.)

Don't be a victim, Kari. You were the one who invited the first person, so don't get crowded out!

MA

Are you expected to come up with tickets for everyone??? I would set THAT record straight. And I would also nicely let your GUEST know that she put you on the spot by inviting all the extras! (Even if you DID like them all, it was still extremely rude.)

Don't be a victim, Kari. You were the one who invited the first person, so don't get crowded out!

MA
My thoughts too - That is not very nice of your friend and I'd say something

"she's going to slug you?" Sounds like your talking about 12 year olds
default_rolleyes.gif
: You are done with school you don't need them and I'd tell your guest to uninvite them ASAP.

Thanks for the reassuring words, everyone.. it's just SUCH a frustrating situation.... I don't know if they're expecting tickets or not, Maryann, they haven't contacted me at all and I'm not about to call anyone of them up. I figure I'm not at all responsble for them. Boundaries.... gotta have boundaries!!!

Oh Liz, it is SO tempting to have you go "firewood lady" on them. You have no clue!

Kari

That was my first question too--who is buying the tickets? Each her own, or did you invite the friend to join you at your expense? If you are buying her ticket, that's very nice of you, but since she invited the others then I certainly hope she is planning to buy their tickets. Whatever you do, do not let her or them bully you into paying for more tickets. You are in no way obligated to pay their way. If they go to order tickets, it's highly unlikely that they will get seats adjacent to yours; the only way they would is if they know your seat numbers & make a specific request....if anyone asks, be very vague & say you don't have your tickets handy, so you cannot say....stall until last minute, when hopefully the adjacent seats are all sold. That way you may have to see them before & after the concert, but you won't have to endure them during the concert.

Don't let them ruin your fun!!

Latest posts

Back