I missed the Dwarf discussion entirely

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless her little heart- she is ADORABLE!

She does look dwarfy in the short head, neck etc, but I would just love her death anyway...
default_wub.png

She's as precious as she can be!
default_wub.png
She was meant to have a special purpose and that is why she was given to you!!!

I have to agree with most who said she does look like a dwarf. Having one of my own ...... I know, full well, just how adorable they can be.
default_wub.png
And your little girl is as adorable as they come!
default_yes.gif

As for movement....don't let anyone tell you that dwarfs can't "move". There are many exceptions. Our "little girl", who is a yearling now & only 20" tall...can strut with the best of them. She flips her tail over her back & flags it high & proud as she picks up those little legs & prances around with a hesitating trot you would only expect to see on much bigger, refined, "normal" mini. Here is a Christmas card I did up for her, showing some action photos.

ButtonChristmasCard.jpg

I don't think it will take very long for you to realize just how "blessed" you are to have your special little girl....and you will know exactly what I mean the longer you have her. They have a very unique personality & a way of wrapping themselves around your heart very quickly!
default_biggrin.png

I don't think it will take very long for you to realize just how "blessed" you are to have your special little girl....and you will know exactly what I mean the longer you have her. They have a very unique personality & a way of wrapping themselves around your heart very quickly!
default_biggrin.png
Well said Dona! and I fully agree. Even though we all hope to never bring a special little horse into the world that may have serious problems, they deserve all the kindness and love we can give them.

Dona's little Button is absolutely a precious angel and one of her photographs of Button won our photo of the year contest on Little Bit's. (Yes, Dona, I must toot your horn for ya!)

Stacy, I sent you a pm invite to join us on Little Bit's. Please do consider it. Lots of great people and experienced dwarf help.

I also think this one is a dwarf- in addition to the underbite, I see a very short neck. The characteristics usually become more pronounced with age....

It's hard to tell with much of the baby fuzz, but she is awfully cute!

I have to agree with most who said she does look like a dwarf. Having one of my own ...... I know, full well, just how adorable they can be.
default_wub.png
And your little girl is as adorable as they come!
default_yes.gif

As for movement....don't let anyone tell you that dwarfs can't "move". There are many exceptions. Our "little girl", who is a yearling now & only 20" tall...can strut with the best of them. She flips her tail over her back & flags it high & proud as she picks up those little legs & prances around with a hesitating trot you would only expect to see on much bigger, refined, "normal" mini. Here is a Christmas card I did up for her, showing some action photos.

ButtonChristmasCard.jpg

default_biggrin.png

Dona,

Your little girl is adorable!!! Looks like she did not get too many of the problems dwarfs get. You are so lucky!

I have only had one dwarf and the first coulple of months he did not look like one at all. No bite problems, long neck, pretty boy. By the time he was 2 months, I started to notice he had motion problems. But, as he got older towards a yearling, he could not trot well, could only shuffle trot. His legs did not grow, though his body was growing, longer and longer. By the time he was about 1 1/2 years, the poor thing could not walk at all, except for a tight shuffle walk. The hardest thing I ever had to do, but I put him down. He seemed to be in too much pain.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

Thank you all for sharing your opinions, stories and wonderful pictures! I am looking forward to seeing how she turns out. She does indeed have her own personality, and for such a little girl, it is a BIG one.

Stacye

Latest posts

Back