I Made Ribbon Pillows!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLilShowGirl

Reaction score
I finally got around to attempt making my own ribbon pillows. I always thought it was such a great idea. So...here are the results! They are both made with my first place and grand champion ribbons. I have MANY more...so I may think of something else to do with them...maybe a quilt?

Ps. Remember red is first place here in Canada
default_yes.gif

S5006898.jpg

S5006899.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Thanks Leanna:)

If you really want me to make you one I will
default_smile.png
I liked doing it.

Awesome job, Kris!!!

Those look SO nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were they hard to make? How did you do them???

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me a while to figure out how to do them to look nicely, and the way I ended up doing is the way I thought would look most messy... but I was wrong! I ended up using just a regular pillow, and hot glueing the pieces of ribbon (I cut the strands and such off and planned out a design) onto the actual fabric. I took my time so the glue didnt leak through and made sure all the edges were sealed. With the hot glue, it doesn't dry "crusty". It took about 1 hour a side. So a pillow that size about 2 hours.

Thanks for the compliments...I am really happy with how they turned out.

default_aktion033.gif
They are very nice. a good idea instead of filling up all the walls, you can have them many places. I like it.
default_aktion033.gif

Wow! I really like those. I so wish I was good at that sort of thing, but alas...I have no such talent.
default_no.gif

They are lovely and you should definitely be proud of them. If you make a quilt please put those online for us to see. My family and I are absolutely crazy about quilts! If they are anything like the pillows they will be a sight to see!

Sincerely,

Va Lynda Ann

Thanks for telling us how you did them!!! I'm going to give it a shot, too (I am so un-crafty so wish me luck!)

Good luck Jill! Be sure to post pictures after your done!
default_smile.png
I'd love to see what you come up with.

Latest posts

Back