I love my new horse....pony....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiterbug

Reaction score
Well, we finally brought him home today!!! He is the best horse I could ever want. He was just great with the kids. my neighbor kids even came over and they rode him. My daughter rode him bare back and brushed him. He is just wonderful. He loves his stall and the fenced in area that I was so worried about being too steep doesn't seem to slow him down any! All is well with the world. I have a question though. When I first started telling you all about him I said he was 39" tall and you all said he was a pony not a mini. Well, his mane has been cut and he measures (supposedly) 39" to his wither. So what is he?

jiterbug

Ummm no fair! WHERE"S THE PICS!
default_biggrin.png
You can't post about a new horse without pictures!! lol

I'm trying to figure that one out! I have video!

jiterbug

Technically he's not a mini (missed it by an inch) .......but who cares! He sounds PERFECT!
default_aktion033.gif

Since minis are measured at the base of the last hair of the mane, not the top of the withers, he could be a mini. No matter what, he sounds like a darling.

If he is 39'' at the withers he is prob going to make mini height.

My foundation shetland is 39.5'' at the withers and about 37'' at the last hairs as a mini. Then agian they are all built different but i would put money on it your guy makes mini height
default_smile.png

default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You measure him at where the very last hair grows from the mane
default_yes.gif
So, as Ruffian pointed out, he may be a mini if he is 38" or shorter measured at that spot. If he's over 38", then he is a small pony. I have one of those, too. We say he's an over acheiver
default_yes.gif

CONGRATS Jitterbug!!

We want Pictures!!

I use Photobucket. I just put my camera memory card into my computer download to a location then go on photobucket and download the pics. Then start a message on LB and put the pics on it, then we can see this new family member of yours!!

Latest posts

Back