I learned something new about Billy Ray today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JourneysEnd

Reaction score
We have a parade in the morning.
default_aktion033.gif

Seemed like a good idea to hook Billy Ray up to the decorated cart and give it a trial run.

It was yet another type of driving trial.

I'd like to say I did everything you're supposed to do with a run away horse.

However I can't remember what I did.

What I do remember:

I went inbetween trees at a full canter.
default_xreiter.gif

I said "easy" about a hundred times.
default_unsure.png

I said "oh, s*&*" even more times.
default_ohnoes.jpg

It took all of about 2 mins to get him under control.

It took about 2 hours for my heart to slow down.

The good news - I now know how to speed my horse up for the cones course.

I'll let you all know how the parade goes tomorrow. If you see anything on the news about a miniature horse plowing down an entire Christmas parade, you'll know who it was.

Oooooh dear.
default_unsure.png
Yep, trial runs are good. Trial runs with bells BEFORE hitching are even better!! I'm glad neither of you was hurt.

Leia

Journeys End......wait until he hears all the girls with the bells. We lined up yesterday and the horses did great except the blankets all slipped off. We are going to try your idea with a little spray adhesive.

Yikes.....what is he going to do with the boom box? Just remember I am an old woman and I am going to be in front of you. Be nice.

**Coffee** ALL OVER MY COMPUTER MONITOR!!!! and it HURTS coming through your nose!!

Thank you for the laugh, and I'm glad everything worked out. and they sell those "gremlin" bells at all the driving shows--just tell them Billy has lots of gremlins and turn him loose on that cones course!!

Glad you did not get hurt.

I have had friends over and their horses have feaked at all the bells. Alapca's bells are on their neck collars and Horses have Sleigh bells on their sheets . I have to because of stupid poachers.

Is always good to get them used to really strange things before you go out.
default_wink.png
My horses are used to me doing so many odd and strange things around them... they think it is normal.
default_laugh.png

Bells, tarps,balls,and anything I can get my hands on, put those things around, under and over them when they are fully harnessed and not in the cart....though of course you start this in halter in a smaller space first. Keep doing it until they don't care and at their speed.

Then when your mini hears bells.. or a ball or what ever runs under their hooves.. they might look but they won't care.
default_wink.png

Also have a gremblin bell for my cart but it is soooo quiet...can barely hear it. <LOL>

Back