I have a secret.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
default_shutup.gif
:shutup

Not even a clue? That's not fair, Ashley. I am guessing you are getting another horse or large pony.

nope no clues..........hehe later today.......

Im not to suprised that nobody is intrested but I am going to post anyway............

Meet Blue. I actually got him for Lori to ride, but she got on him this morning and was shaking like a leaf so I think it will be awhile. He is 7(so I am told). HE is a walk only horse, he does not like to go any other speed. He looks like he was an under dog where he came from by the marks on his body.

My brother in law was out today and rode him. He gave him two bucks, but I dont think it was a matter of not being broke. One time he kicked him in the ribs with his heals to go(it was loud enough/hard enough I heard it from about a good 30 feet away). The other time he was trying to force him to trot/run.............even after I told him he doesnt do anything other then walk. He only bucked once in the air and that was it. He drops his head down nice when he rides and is a pretty hum ho horse. I feel totally confidence he will work out excellent. THe guy that was riding him that we bought him from, slid off his butt and was pulling on him and he never reacted. HE lifts all of his feet really good. Hes not a big fan of the bit, but I think it might be the type of bit and am going to try something different. He loves water, he went out in our pond and was splashing in it.......wish I had the camera but I didnt.

Hes a nice size, the same size as my old appy boy so he isnt so intimidating to me.

Here he is riding.......

bluerideing.jpg

And just out to pasture.......

Blue.jpg

and some updated pics of the other horses riding today.......... We made him ride the one that bucked Lori off last year, she has been sitting since fall, but tacked up and rode off just fine. Then he rode my ol boy and I have never seen so much speed in that horse.

Heres the bucker...........she is way to tall and thick for me. We are selling her as neither of us are comfortable with her.

Soxyride2.jpg

Soxyrideing.jpg

Heres the ol boy....

LOkeyride2.jpg

And one of him giving a kid a ride. I have better ones, but since he is a kid I didnt want his face showing.....

lokeyride.jpg

And a group shot in the pasture

group.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw your post earlier, and it is not that I wasn't interested, I did come back to see
default_biggrin.png
, but what do you say to "I have a secret" and no clues?
default_rolleyes.gif

He is a nice looking boy, and I really like the expression on his face in the second picture. Maybe he will not seem so intimidating to Lori if she spends time interacting with him and gets to know him a little better. Maybe she just needs to "know" the horse better.
default_wink.png

Congratulations and good luck with him, sounds like he needs a good home.

I do not think it was that no one was interested but once you said you would tell everyone later there was not much else to say until you did....

I hope this one works out for you he looks very sweet

I do not think it was that no one was interested but once you said you would tell everyone later there was not much else to say until you did....

That's my thinking, too
default_wink.png

Cute horse!

Wow, I like him a lot. But i have to admit, my true favorite is your problem girl. She is pretty! send her my way. But im a sucker for appies of any height. I really want to get an appy riding horse when I get my own place.

Ditto that for me too! He looks like a nice horse and I hope Lori will want to ride him!
default_smile.png

Yep you said you would post later so I waited
default_smile.png
Congrats on your new addition and great, fun pictures
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your new horse! I knew it. Has this horse ever been examined to see if their is a physical reason for him to only walk? It just makes me wonder if there is pain with that kind of a reaction when asked to go faster.

i've been to busy to even log in. but congrats on the WALK only horse....those are hard to come by!!!

We have an aged walk trot pony she will walk trot for hours and pack any kid around but the instant you ask for a canter she will buck she of course then stops dead and waits for the kid to get back on and will contine to pack you around forever at the walk or trot.

Nothing wrong with her she canters around often on her own she just firmly believes that is not her job. She has only ever been used as a lead line and walk trot pony
default_laugh.png
at over 24 years old no point in trying to change her mind now

Congratulations on your new addition!!!

I looked at your thread pre-reveal and just thought "I'll check back later and read the news"
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Looks like we all were just waiting to see the secret. he is a handsome secret-for sure. I think its ok if he only walks-enjoy him all of you..

I wanted a walk only horse. IF I want to go fast I will go on my old boy, but I have already proven I am to green to stay on at anything faster then a walk.

He does run and play in the pasture.

Ashley --

I'm not sure you'll want to hear this but I am back to say it (been thinking on it this afternoon).

I think if you and Lori can take some riding lessons, or more riding lessons if you've already had some, it would be good. I actually never heard of a "walk only" horse. In my opinion, the only truly predictable horse is one made by Breyer!

Just knowing how it was for me, and how I really benefited both in skill and confidence, when I got some serious riding lessons. There was a time when I thought it was the horse who mostly needed "help" or that I just needed a better trained / quieter horse. It wasn't until *I* got some good training that things were really fun and much safer
default_smile.png

Good luck,

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
I know any horse can take off, and any horse can buck you off. I am not afraid of him, its not far to fall.....Lori well honestly I dont think she will ever ride again, she is afraid of being on the ground next to Blue and freaks out. He really is a hum ho horse and doesnt want to do anything but walk.

If money wasnt an option I would take lessons just to learn how to stay on at a trot and run, and not hurt my butt but not moveing properly. I am lucky if I ride much more then an hour or two a week so am not to worried about it.

Latest posts

Back