I have a secret.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope everything goes well. I wouldn't bother "speaking up" if I didn't think a lot of you (which I hope you know after all the years...).

Riding an hour or so a week + a young horse... Not usually the recipe for keeping things on track. 7 is really young.

Trotting, if you can get even a few lessons, it's easy easy. And it's fun. I post no matter what kind of saddle but if you had someone who knows how to teach watch you ride and give pointers, I think you'd be surprised how fun it is to REALLY ride, vs. sitting on the horse and being conveyed. Plus, the pointers about what to do if things go wrong give such a better confidence and make rides relaxed.

Just KNOWING how it was for me and how I owned Sky for years before I got serious and got myself some lessons (really when compared to the expense of owning horses, riding lessons are not a big expense at all). It was like suddenly seeing the world in color vs. b/w. Just no comparison. Honestly, I never knew what I was missing until I started those lessons and it didn't take many before there was a huge difference.

Riding lessons are probably one of the best gifts you can give your horses! Maybe it can a present for them someday
default_smile.png
. I've taken some here and there and have SO much more to learn! I wish I was more of a "natural" at it. I LOVE it but don't feel that I'm naturally all that great at it, so I have to work at it. One thing I've seen - I get on a horse and think it's being "naughty" or not responsive to me, and then someone else gets on that knows what they are doing and the same horse is an angel. Well, there's my 1st clue that it's not the horse, it's ME! I get so annoyed with myself!

Beleive it or not, its a short amount of time, but I do get on him and ride him at least every other day.........which with the area I have to ride isnt that big of an area. My brother in law also rides him but seems to be more fond of my old boy as he has a need for speed.

Latest posts

Back