I got myself a new best friend :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
Everyone,

Meet Lakota!

My boyfriend and I adopted him 2 days ago from the humane society because we really just couldn't say no. I had a dog that looked almost exactly like him a few years ago and my mom gave him away. Since then I had been searching all over for another one, but no dog ever caught my eye. I decided to randomly browse the shelters website the other day and low and behold I saw his picture and knew he was "the one". So we drove the hour to go and see him and he is PERFECT. He is on the smaller side, doesn't bark at anything, already crate and potty trained, knows basic commands, doesn't bother our cats AND he is so incredibly loving.

So here is the lovely man, Lakota. I almost feel as though the name doesn't totally "fit" but after 2 days this is what fit better than any other option we had. If you have any name ideas, please let me know!

DSCN2912.jpg

DSCN2914.jpg

DSCN2918.jpg

default_wub.png
:wub What a great dog! I agree that the name isn't his.......

It could be close, though. Something like "Dakota"? Stay open and HE will tell you, I bet.
default_smile.png

He is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky you.
default_yes.gif

I agree, his name will come, although I do like the name Lakota, it is "too long"...I have always preferred two sylable names for my dogs...it rolls off the tongue better. How about just shortening it to "Kota", or "Koda". We had an Aussi named "Kodi", short for Kodiak, I still miss him so much.

He is a cutie! How about "Kato"....my friend has a dog named that and it is similar to the name you have already chosen but alittle easier to say. It is pronounced kate-o. I think it's unique. They got their dog around the same time as the OJ Simpson debacle so they named him after Kato Katelan (not sure of the last name spelling).

Holy crap MA! I read the post saw the pic and DAKOTA popped in my head. And there was your post saying the same thing! Yes, I think that is his name Jamie!

What kind of dog is he? He's beautiful!
default_wub.png

Holy crap MA! I read the post saw the pic and DAKOTA popped in my head. And there was your post saying the same thing! Yes, I think that is his name Jamie!

What kind of dog is he? He's beautiful!
default_wub.png

Thanks Robin
default_smile.png
His name is Lakota, but I have been calling him Kota anyways so I don't feel the first two letters are going to make much of a difference. The shelter says he is a white german shepherd/lab mix. Either way I love him to death and I am so lucky to have him.

Well, during your search, you had your previous dog in mind...how about calling him "Echo". The love of your first dog came back through your new dog....echoing your love! What do you think? By the way, he's beautiful.

What a pretty boy! Congratulations he looks like a wonderful companion. My Cane Corso is named Lakota....we call her Koda at times. BTW...I love the name Echo.....

Back