I got my first mini today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first mini. Good that you recognize he is the "first" ! He looks very nice!

Hello! Enjoy your boy! I am about 15 minutes away from Olympia. We have seven minis so if you have any questions email and I will try and help you!

- Kim

www.thecrabbychickenranch.com

Thanks everyone! Until I can buy a cart for him, we will be ground driving pretty much everywhere I can think of. I figure its good experience for the both if us. I don't have a trainer, as they are usually more then my budget allows, but if I need one, then I won't hesitate to get one. I should be alright though. We are making a home depot run sometime this week for some pvc pipes to make a drag, so we can mix up the lessons a bit until we get a cart. The lawn is unfertilized, and fenced in already from when we used to let our big horses out there.

I have heard that I could have him registered, because of his size, in some registry. Is that even worth it?

I have heard that I could have him registered, because of his size, in some registry. Is that even worth it?
YES! If he is under 34" you can register him AMHA, but do it when he's a gelding as it's $1000 LESS than as a stallion. You have to do it pretty soon as they are going to close the registry. Then once he's AMHA you can register him AMHR. It's about $260 per registry and whatever the inspection for AMHA costs. And it's definitely worth it is you want to show him in rated shows.

Plus, he IS a nice looking fella. IMHO, though, he's not red roan- he's a chestnut varnish fewspot or snowcap Appaloosa!

Just curious-I see that someone mentioned the AMHA closing the registry? WHy and when? Thanks

Just curious-I see that someone mentioned the AMHA closing the registry? WHy and when? Thanks
I'm curious as well.... And he is supposedly exactly 34 inches, but I haven't measured him yet. Is it measured the same as hands? (Ground to wither)

Hello! Enjoy your boy! I am about 15 minutes away from Olympia. We have seven minis so if you have any questions email and I will try and help you!

- Kim

www.thecrabbychickenranch.com
Didn't see this before, but hi Kim!
default_smile.png

I believe it is at the end of 2012.

Why? "Supposedly" if they close the registry it will bring the horses one step closer to "breed status" is what I heard. But if that happens they will open a whole 'nother can o' worms when horses go oversize.

Latest posts

Back