I found a little body in the pasture today...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeboxstables

Reaction score
Today was a sad day at shoebox stables. We found the body of a dear friend in the pasture. For educational purposes, I have included photos of the scene. Please, do not scroll down if you are feint of heart.
default_no.gif

Today, I discovered, the BIG RED BALL....

had been MURDERED!

The scene was much like that of Grandma's, in the fabled christmas song 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer'.

balldead.jpg

Upon casing the crime area, we found some evidence:

ball.jpg

Hoof prints, surrounding the ball. We have concluded that the ball was BRUTALIZED and PAWED to death.

Hay, which we have swabbed for a DNA sample. Results should be in soon.

We recovered a partial hoof print from the ball, the suspect would wear about a size 0 shoe, and we have about 2 points of identification for the suspect. They did not match any prints on file.

After being taken to the morgue, we asked Vic, a friend of the ball, to identify the body.

It was an emotional scene, as Victorio Hawk identified the body to be THE BIG RED BALL.

vicball.jpg

We are currently invesitgating the case, and have a number of suspects.

SUSPECT 1: V. HAWK

viccute.jpg

Aliases: 'Vic', 'Victorio', 'Mr. Hawk'

-Last living creature to interact with the desceased.

-Seen last only 20 feet from where the body was recovered

-Has had a rough relationship with THE BIG RED BALL

THE FOLLOWING PHOTOGRAPHS HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM FILES CONTAINING COMPLAINTS ABOUT MR. HAWK'S ROUGH, AND ABUSIVE TREATMENT TOWARDS BALLS.

vicball.jpg

kingvic.jpg

Seen here only last sunday, BEATING the late BIG RED BALL

vicjump.jpg

Curiously enough, that BLUE BALL has been MIA for almost a year now, after associating with V. HAWK

SUSPECT 2: W. DIAMONDS

halter.jpg

Aliases: 'Diva' 'Doll' 'The Lady Di'

-Has known fear, and HATRED towards balls

-Has a RESTRAINING ORDER out AGAINST the late ball

-Has a history of VIOLENCE towards balls

-Harbors a well-known crush on V. HAWK, who has been spending a lot of time with the Late BIG RED BALL

........... A crime of jelousy?? of passion????

THE FOLLOWING PHOTOGRAPHS HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM FILES CONTAINING INFORMATION ABOUT MISS DIAMONDS' RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST THE LATE BIG RED BALL.

diafraid.jpg

diflirt.jpg

THE PUBLIC IS CAUTIONED, MISS DIAMONDS MAY BE DISGUISED AS A BAY HORSE- OR PINTO. THIS IS A COMMON ACT. DO NOT BE FOOLED.

DIVROLL4SM.jpg

SUSPECT 3: J. ROGER

roger2.jpg

Aliases: 'Baby Dodge'

-Ex-compainion of the late ball

-Love/Hate relationship with balls

-Envious of V. HAWKS relationship with the ball??

-Has been EMBARRESSED by the late ball

...... REVENGE?????

rogerbiteballsm.jpg

rogerballfallsm.jpg

THE PUBLIC IS WARNED OF THE EXTREME NATURE OF THIS CRIME. UNTIL THE PERP IS IN CUSTODY, PLEASE, LOCK UP YOUR TACK ROOMS, CLOSE YOUR DOORS, PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN, AND PLEASE.... HIDE ANDYTHING ROUND AND BOUNCY IN NATURE. WE DO NOT WANT A REPEAT OF THIS CRIME.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION THAT MAY ASSIST THE DECTECTIVES INVESTIGATING THIS CRIME, PLEASE CALL 1-5-I-SAW-IT.

A candle-lit memorial service will be held tonight for families and friends of The Big Red Ball.

ballmourn.jpg

Oh My I hope the find the killer of the big RED BALL, and ask if he/she killed the Big Yellow

Ball in our paddocts. Gabriel would like to know who killed his favorite ball too?

Gabriel has been on the hunt.. he loved his ball. I have tried several other balls, but our

donkey Eeyore :DOH! sats on them, and they died.

Best wishes on your hunt

Vicky

OMG, What a tragedy.

Thank you for the warning. We will take every

precausion with our red ball.

After looking closely at the pictures.. I'm wondering

if a patch and some oxygen therapy would return

your ball to a some sort of life??

Also,,, I noticed the way those perps are chatting at the fenceline...

perhaps trying to get their stories straight??? Very Interesting......

I only hope you resolve this quickly.

~Sandy

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

What a tragedy, I feel your loss! Hope they find out who did it, do tell us when your court sentence is!

Hahaha thanks for sharing.

default_new_shocked.gif

default_bye-sad.gif
Bye-bye Big Red Ball, if you see "Big Blue Ball" some where up there in Rainbow Ball Heaven, please say hello for me?
default_wub.png
Tell her she's thought of often. We're still looking for Big Purple Ball, Blue Ball's sister. She went missing the day we found Blue Ball, mysteriously found slung over the "other side of the fence". That might have been a clever ploy to throw us off any local suspects. Or by some stretch of imagination, I guess it could be possible that your lead suspect could have gone berzerk and paid our little town a visit and cruely took the life of our sweet Blue Ball and taken her sister, Purple Ball, hostage. If you see any evidence of Purple Ball, please notify our local authorities, ASAP! We miss her dearly.

Our stallion, Rolex, says thought he saw "something" lurking out there...

Rolex-1.jpg

But we questioned him extensively, and he couldn't positively identify anyone in particular.
default_unsure.png

So we questioned little Bridget, as Purple Ball was her bestest friend...

All she's been able to do since Purple Ball went missing is sleep and dream of they day Purple Ball would come home. Here she is, as we woke her from her nap for questioning...

DirtyBlondeBridgy.jpg

She was stunned when we woke her so suddenly for questioning, and says "I dunno, Purple Ball was right here next to me, as we were both very tired from our recent play, and when I woke up, she was just GONE
default_no.gif
, and that's when they found Blue Ball, just beyond the pasture wall.
default_no.gif
Oh it was horrible.
default_crybaby.gif

We just don't know what happened. So, PLEASE, if you see or hear anything that might lead us to where Purple Ball could be, please let us know.

WARNING to all you Ball Terrorizers out there... Bad boy, very, very BAD boy!
default_nono.gif
This has GOT to stop somewhere!

Shoe Box, we join you in your sorrow of your sweet Big Red Ball.
default_cheekkiss.gif

default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Your notice gave me a serious start...

Whew! Green Ball is safely tucked in the horse

trailer under the bridge waiting for spring.

Although we are glad our ball is safe, the 'kids'

and I send our condolences. We understand

how very sad you must be today.

Be strong for each other.

Thank you all for your kind words on this somber day. :no

We did attempt CPR, but the body was cold, and lifeless. It did not respond to treatment.

I am comforted to know that THE BIG RED BALL will be welcomed into Ball-y heaven by so many friends.

Thank you friends.

ROFL
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
That was funny.

My horses murder their balls too . But one day I caught Mike with a small piece of rubber in his mouth. Luckily I got it before he swallowed it. So it is possible they are dangerous after they are murdered.
default_unsure.png

Yeah, the body was removed shortly after identification. The Big Red Ball actually lasted about 3 years! It was a great, great, friend to many in it's long, productive life.

thank you for this super funny thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how you wrote out the descriptions of the suspects and all. You should make it into a childrens book!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Well this horrible tragedy may or may not have a happy ending.....but I, for one, sure enjoyed hearing all the gory details.

Look out Dean Koontz!! There's a new writer on the horizon.

this is a horrible, HORRIBLE crime!
default_new_shocked.gif
is there no justice in the world??
default_new_shocked.gif
i do hope you find the perp and when you do, he/she should be fed marshmallows UNTIL HE/SHE CONFESSES!!! :DOH!

by the way, you realize of course, our system demands that we treat the culprit as innocent until proven guilty. if you do, in fact, get a confession, we shall throw caution to the wind. however, if no confession is forthcoming, he/she will have to go to trial before a jury of his/her peers, none of which can be ohhh, say...35" tall. if this proceeds to trial and it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did, in fact, *gasp!!* MURDER the big red ball, well, anything goes. but WAIT....

just how DOES one punish a....a.....a...*gasp!!*...BALL MURDERER???
default_new_shocked.gif

ohhhh the humaaaanity!!!

Oh my gosh! I am so glad that you posted this warning! I have taken "Big White Ball" and loked her away safely!

I hope that you find the culprit!
default_biggrin.png

LOL
default_biggrin.png

Is there any chance that the big red ball died of natural causes? Perhaps a leaky valve or cracked from sun exposure?

Did you find any injuries? A puncture wound?

So sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif

Oh no! I was reading your post with great concern. And then I went out to the pasture to ensure the safety of the balls who reside here...and ...The Ball Murderer has come south... look what we found tonight at feeding time:

100_7130.jpg

100_7129.jpg

I think you will have to expand your suspect list!!

Or did one of the suspects borrow your truck and trailer today??

Back