I filled in this hole yesterday!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
Oh My GOSH!! I filled in this hole yesterday! I went out this morning to see a tiny white bunny hopping around at the stall door...what???...then a grey one...then look in the corner and more digging out!! from the place I filled in. I feel SO BAD. I have no idea what to do with them, I'm afraid the horses will step on them.

Aren't they precious?

3K9A5638-copy.jpg

3K9A5637-copy.jpg

3K9A5639-copy.jpg

3K9A5641-copy.jpg

They are so cute even though they multiply. Enjoy them as we do our wild ones. Yes horses do step on them, we found one dead as our big boy must have stepped on him.

uhhhh, nobody here probably wants to hear what we do with bunnies.

That said, your bunny invasion is awfully cute. I find their colors interesting. Here, we only get bunnies in a brown color which I think of as "wild-bunny-color." Your bunnies look domesticated? ...not that I know anything about bunnies, but I didn't realize that wild bunnies come in those colors.

I'm not too keen with uninvited animals in our barn. Our last problem was barn swallows. They're rather a pretty bird, but they poop everywhere; it smells, and I was concerned about disease; my breaking point was when I found extra white spots on Baby (bird poop.) I waited until the babies hatched, and them I had the husband take their nests down and put them in a lean-to. They appeared to be happy nesting out there and haven't come back into the barn (yet.)

you are correct domestic rabbits that had been turned out and gone wild. Any animal that's turned out eventually ends up here for some reason lol. Now and then I see them in the backyard eating the chickens corn.

The last 6 months we've seen solid white ones, black and whites ones, brown and white, grey, and even some brindle. One morning I looked out front and thought to myself....I have a nice little herd of overos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take down the barn swallow nests after babies have gone and they are busy the same day building new ones. Wow, they really multiply!

I take down the barn swallow nests after babies have gone and they are busy the same day building new ones. Wow, they really multiply!
I guess we got lucky. ...perhaps we kicked the barn swallows out soon enough? They haven't returned.

About the time I noticed them in our barn, I'd been at our farrier's place--he/they have 2-to-2.5 stories of height in their barn; I noticed the mess the swallows made on his fluorescent lighting. I just couldn't imagine cleaning that sort of mess, without breaking my neck; we have enough trouble keeping the barn clean.

Your bunnies are so much cuter then ours, the ones round here are cottontails, all brown with little white bums. they run every where and so far none have been stepped on.

I find poop stains on my boys and feathers and some dead birds in the water buckets. As fast as I take those nests down, they rebuild new ones.

hahaha!

I was out mowing; the husband was weed-whacking. ...all of a sudden, I saw him running with the weed-whacker in hot pursuit of a mini bunny. The husband wiped out and now has a wrenched elbow; some scraped skin and holes in his pants (wife frown on the jeans' holes.) The bunny got away; the darn thing was eating my tomatoes. They are awfully cute, but they sure can tear up a garden. (...sorry, no offense to any bunny lovers out there.)

You make me laugh AngC (wife frowns on the jeans holes)
default_smile.png

They sure do love a vegie garden. I was about to pick 5 massive lettuces last year and thought "Ill just give them one more day"

Came out the next morning to water and my lovely looking lettuces, looked like rocket (arugula).

We've had a lot more bunnies this year. And for the first time since we've had our dog--7 years--he has picked up fleas. Coincidence??

Bathed him in flea shampoo but still see some. Off today to get something from the vet.

Last night while we were out watching the eclipse, we saw a ring tailed cat. I guess the full moon brought him out early. Had the camera attached to the tripod, or we might have been able to get a picture of him.

Latest posts

Back