i could use some good thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should send a link of this post to my friend... he'd read it. I think he needs a dog to take his love out on. I often think that's half the reason I have horses; okay--more than half.
default_smile.png

this is to barnbum's friend...

DO it! there's a dog out there that needs you as much as you need a dog to help your heart heal. take a little trip to the shelter, there will be one there who will pick you. shelter dogs make it easy, YOU don't have to make up your mind, they do it for you.
default_smile.png

((((HUGS)))) friend. Only you and you alone can make the hard decisions for your babies.

I have an old mare (big) that I can't let go through another winter, she can't do it anymore and it would just be selfish to make her. One day when the sun is bright and the birds are singing this fall I will call the vet. He knows and agrees she can't handle another winter.

Charlene I just saw this post, my heart bleeds for you, I know how hard it is, I lost my Chili (golden retriever) at the young age of 8 to cancer just last summer. I miss him still. Hugs and prayers for your furkids, I will be thinking of you and them.

Yvonne

If I'm not mistaken, Charlene won't be back until tomorrow...Maggie's tests were done today, but they were keeping her overnight for observation.....

But I've been thinking about you all day too Charlene!!!!!! ((((hugs))))

Hoping for a positive outcome!!!!!!

~kathryn

Here is an update from Charlene: She is unable to access LB right now and wanted to share the news:

just a quickie...maggie had blood work today (all normal,

yayy!)...tomorrow she is scheduled for a CT scan at 10:30 a.m. with a

rhinoscopy/biopsy. i think they are suspecting a "mass" according to the

notes on the doctor's preliminary diagnosis but i will just have to wait

and see.

i'm turning in, i'm beat! i'll be at the clinic bright and early and will

likely be there all day. mag probably won't be released till 5 p.m. and

it's a 3 hour drive home so i'll be back on LB as soon as i can.

Another update from Charlene as she is still unable to be here. She asked that I share this with you.

i met with the vets today and reviewed the CT scan. although they won't

know for sure until biopsy results are back in a few days, they are pretty

certain this is nasal cancer. i am trying to absorb all of this and i'm a

complete train wreck.

they want to keep her for another 24 hours to watch for seizures, they

have her on some heavy duty pain meds. i just returned from visiting her

just for a few minutes. she is awake but still groggy. i am hoping they

will release her about noon tomorrow so i can take her home.

if you could update the thread and let everybody know and please let them

know how very much i appreciate the thoughts and prayers. there is still

a teen tiny chance this could be a fungal infection that has gone crazy

but from what the vets said today, it isn't likely. *sigh*

Yes, thank you for the update Marty!!!!!

Good thoughts, good thoughts...ONLY good thoughts.....

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

marty, thank you SO much for posting the updates for me!!

the vet just called with biopsy results. it is nasal carcinoma, advanced. there will be no treatment, only comfort care for as long as i possibly can but considering how quickly this has progressed, i expect maggie will be going to her daddy fairly soon.

i am just so, so sad.

thank you, donna and yes, that is the ONLY thing i find comfort in. just when i have come to terms with gary's death and was beginning to accept simon's disease and losing him in the next few months, i am hit with this.
default_no.gif

Oh Charlene....I am so sorry....the only ray of light is knowing Gary is waiting for her....well that and all the love you've showered on her all this time made her life very special.

I'm so very sorry, I wish I had some wise words to help. I have been there and I know how you feel, losing the ones we love one after the other. My heart goes out to you ((HUGS))

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you!

Latest posts

Back