I am so proud of our little guy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
Gary's Dad had knee replacement surgery two weeks ago and is having a rough recovery. On Sunday we gave Boss (our 25 1/2 inch tall stallion) a bath and put him in the horse trailer to go to Baba's house. When we got there I put two pairs of Walmart high top baby shoes (one pair had been modified slightly) on Boss and in we went. Boss led right into a 2 foot wide space crowded with stuff to visit his Baba. He was incredibly gentle, laying his head on the bed next to Gary's Dad on several occasions. Although we put a towel under his back end, he never offered to mark his territory at all. It was as if he knew the situation and exactly what Baba needed. The neat part is that Baba has started to feel much better and even spent a good part of the day out of bed today.

Boss has been shown locally and won a few first place ribbons but this is definately what it is all about.

hibaba.jpg

whatisthatthing.jpg

Those little guys sure do help us all feel better! He is a doll too! Hope Dad recovers real fast! Mary

Hopefully the knee replacement heals up soon... I know from working in the hospital that they are not fun..

The pictures were great and I am sure they made him feel a lot better
default_smile.png

Neat pictures of a nice little horse! It sounds like he was good medicine. :bgrin

Tell dad to hang in there! I had the surgery at the end of June and am getting ready to fly to Worlds tomorrow. My recovery has been rocky too, still taking pain meds and using a cane, but I am up and going as best as I can.

Tell him he is doing the absolute smartest thing in having the CPM machine at home. I didn't do that and am sorry now.

Good job with the horsey visitation, gee, all I got was a dog visit in the nursing home! Bet they would have gone nuts if a horse had come to visit.

i had 2 hips replaced 7 years ago. i would have jumped up and done a dance had somebody brought a mini to my hospital room to visit!

how cute, love the pictures!!! :aktion033:

my first roomie had BOTH knees replaced at the same time. poor woman was downright miserable. i've always heard knees take longer to recover from than hips.

OH my gosh the CPM machine! I remember it well , I had Total left knee done..

back to this, that little boy sure proves what these guys are all about it eh? What a trooper.

Gotta love it,

Maxine

Latest posts

Back