I am new to the donkey world

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pooper scooper

Reaction score
I have been reading the forum for awhile wanting a donkey well I finally have two so thought I would introduce myself. I am Donna in southern Utah and I recently bought the two donkeys that Shawna (minimule)was trying to keep from going to an auction. I am in love! I named them Mable and Molly and they are adorable. They are rather shy. I have gained enough of their trust for them to take horse cookies from my hand and Mable lets me rub her face but so far that is it. Well, hello to everyone. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I will be asking for help I am sure. Donna

:saludando: Welcome Donna from Ontario, Canada!

Glad you could join us & I LOVE your forum name!
default_wink.png
:

Sandy

Hi there Donna :saludando:

What a nice Christmas present you received
default_yes.gif
:

Love their names too
default_wub.png
:

Don't worry..they will come around....they'll want "Full" body rubbins before you know it...they won't leave you alone
default_wink.png
:

Oh, BTW...I am Teri from the Washington State.

You'll love it here....great people and a lot of info too!

Welcome!!!

*love your forum name too...lol

Post pics of your girls when you can!

Hey, are either of them preggo?
default_wink.png
:

I am trying to figure out how to post pictures. I am rather slow with learning computers (we don't often speak the same language!) They are both supposed to be prgnant. Mable looks like it and Molly not so much so but time will tell. Hope so!!! Have any of you tried the Wee Foal pregnancy tests? I have been reading about them and wondered if they are worth the time, money, and effort. Donna

Hi and welcome from PA! Have a wonderful Holiday with your new girls!

:saludando: hey there from Arizona, i also bought a donkey recently through Shawna but it was not my first... in fact he makes #10!! your forum name made me crack up!!! :lol: :lol: my family looked at me sitting at the computer laughing like i am nuts. well, they should have already known that ha ha.
default_wink.png
:

your names are cute, i especially like Mable, that one is on my list of names for future mule babies!! mine are (in no particular order) Betty Jean, Betty Lou, Susie Q, Taffy Jo, Mary Ellen, Becky Lynn and Peggy Sue for the jennets, then my boys are all in law enforcement LOL: Trooper, Marshall Dillon, and Marshall Wiley Haines (which name i found doing an internet search for old west sheriffs etc., so my new donkey could follow the pattern - we started out with Wyatt Earp but have since sold him...)

don't worry, your girls will come around, here is a suggestion for you which i love to do,
default_wub.png
: and mine were never standoffish except for one... when i first got Taffy Jo she liked her butt scratched but did not want her face touched at all... now she lets me clean the gunk out of the corners of her eyes and everything! well, take a chair and just go sit in the pen. let them come to you. mine pretty much almost climb in the chair with me LOL. with two you shouldn't have this problem but mine are all wanting my attention at the same time and i only have two hands :new_shocked: if i am not careful they will knock over the chair with me in it! it really makes my day to go sit out there and have them all come and love on me.

and for the pregnancy thing hey, try the ring test!! (see the separate post about that) i have been wanting to take mine in for ultrasounds but just don't have the money... i am 99% sure they are pregnant just by looking at them, and i know when they were with the jack (who the breeder said has NEVER missed!) so i just did the ring test that Shawna posted about. since the ring did NOT hold still on any of my three i am figuring they must all be pregnant! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: we are having a sandwich LOL, a girl, a boy and then another girl...

as for posting pictures, my daughter showed me, it's easy - go to www.photobucket.com and open an account for yourself. follow their directions and copy your pictures to photobucket. then see that little button with the tree at the top of box where you are typing your post? click on that and copy the URL from the picture from photobucket and paste it into there, and TA DA your picture is in your post! just don't forget to click on the tree or you only put a link into your post and not the actual picture. for the first few weeks i had to chant "tree, tree, tree" so i didn't forget :lol: :lol: i kept getting LINKS and it was making me crazy
default_wacko.png
: :new_shocked:
default_wacko.png
:

and of course don't forget to spice things up with your emoticons
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: (my daughter says i like them WAY TOO MUCH - well, SO WHAT :lol: :lol:

welcome to donkeys, you will LOVE them!!!

Hi Donna, :saludando: WELCOME from Wisconsin. I am so glad you finally deceided to join us and not just lurk, we're a super friendly forum, just ask anyone of us
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: Your pictures didnt work for me either--darn it!
default_frusty.gif
: We love forum pictures. Once you get the hang of using photobucket and posting the pictures on here it will be a breeze. BELIEVE ME :bgrin :bgrin if I can do it anyone can! I have 7 donkeys and also raise mini hinnys, and mini horses (I have 32 little prancers in the pasture) Like the saying goes--there just like potato chips--you just cant stop at one! That would be great if your 2 were bred. Shawna sent me pics of them when she first got them, so I did get a sneak peek at yours.
default_yes.gif
: I'm really not familiar with the WEE FOAL test, but for some reason I keep thinking that is the one people were asking about and referring to when they talked about using home pg test for woman, at one of the clinics I went too.
default_wink.png
: Is the WEE FOAL test kit the one where you dilute the mares urine and put it on the test strip, and if it shows up with one line shes bred or two lines shes open?? Have a great time here and ask away with any questions...we really do TRY to help :lol: Corinne

Hi I noticed there were 2 https in your link and that is why it was a broken link...

Here are her girls! Very cute!

jennys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Hi Donna...I'm Shannon from Alabama, WELCOME!! Everyone here is so nice and there is a lot of great donkey info as well. If you want me to help you more with your pictures, I will be happy to try to help. You can email me at [email protected] and we'll try to figure out what's wrong. Nice to meet ya!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon :bgrin [/SIZE]

:aktion033: Hi Julie..

thanks for taking the time to post the pics of Donna's girl's...

THEY are cute
default_yes.gif
:

I kinda think the one on the left has the look of a pregnant tummy
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

*Donna, ask anyone here to help you with anything...posting pictures is ...Well?? lol.. :lol:

Not easy at first ...but we all post pics now...it's a breeze.

Your girls are beautiful....very healthy & gorgeous...good job :aktion033: *

:saludando: HI FROM N.Y.! WELCOME TO THE FORUM, YOU'R GIRLS ARE SUPER CUTE! I LOVE SPOTS
default_wub.png
: . MERRY CHRISTMAS,
default_smile.png
NIKKI

Hi Donna,

Welcome!! The girls are adorable!! I have three boys myself, Levi, Brady and Zeke. Levi is spotted and looks a little like Mabel. Brady is black and Zeke is gray/brown. We are in Michigan. We also have 3 nigerian goats, Zeus, Apollo and Aries, a dozen or so rabbits, havanas and New Zealands, 3 cats plus 4 kittens, 3 dogs and 2 guinea pigs. Oh yeah, and 4 kiddo's from almost 3-17. Glad you found this wonderful board!!

Vicki

Hi I noticed there were 2 https in your link and that is why it was a broken link...

Here are her girls! Very cute!

jennys.jpg
Oh my gosh!!! Thank you! :aktion033: As I stated I am not very good at this. Thank you for all the hellos and offers of help. This is a great forum!!! That is my two girls and I love them dearly. I will be very glad when I can get close enough to tell them so. They are slowly starting to trust me. Today, little hee haws and came to the fence to get their treats. Merry Christmas to everyone both two legged and four! donna

:saludando: welcome to the forum the peaple here sure are friendly andgive good advice missy

I will be very glad when I can get close enough to tell them so. They are slowly starting to trust me. Today, little hee haws and came to the fence to get their treats. Merry Christmas to everyone both two legged and four! donna

See you are making progress already, one thing i have noticed about the donkeys is a little love goes a LONG way, and they are so eager to return it!! isn't it fun when they talk to you
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Merry Christmas to all!!

Latest posts

Back