I AM LIVID !! MY HORSES MANE WAS CUT OFF AT WORLDS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheri Stutts

Reaction score
DerbyDay11_08a.jpg

How would you feel to get to your horses stall at a World Show (or any show) and find your horses mane completely cut off?? Someone went into my stall and took off the hood and blanket to cut off my geldings mane with sissors. This person cut the mane down to the skin, he has NO MANE left. The coward just did not want to show againist "Derby" who won two World Championships last year. I show in amateur classes, I'm NOT doing this to make a living, it is suppose to be fun. Do we now have to hire security guards or get cameras for our horses at shows?? Is the AMHA going to just "let this go-away" and just think people will go on and forget about it??? Think about what else that person might do to your horse. I think we have to stand together and make sure this is not allowed and that something is done about it.

I did go ahead and show the horse and got the gate. This was quite a shock since the horse has a remarkable record of wins. Then at the end of my class an announcement was made " Number 595 had an unfortunate incident and we thank her for her participation" - THANK YOU AMHA!!! Boy this really showed that this is not allowed.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for what happened to your horse Sheri. It takes a real low life scum bag to do something like that. I have been e-mailing a friend who is at worlds...they have had to put 24 hr surveillance on their horses due to threats. It's a shame people have to resort to that level.

Wow that stinks!

That being said you do not want to know what happend to one of my old riding instructor's Saddlebred's. He was a world champion and someone injected some sort of substance in his shoulder. It cause so much muscle damage he had to be euthanized. Some folks are just plain evil.

I have not been to worlds but it does seem that there is more of this going on each year. How horrible to not feel comfortable leaving your horse without security.

I hope you get out there and show him and kick some butt without his mane!

I don't even have the words. I can't fathom how you must feel. It's not my horse and I'm horrifed. I'm near tears. Angry. Wow.
no.gif

OMG!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

What a low down NASTY thing to do!

Bet you can narrow down who did it by knowing who your boy beat last year and who's in his classes this year!

Can the judges be made aware of this so they don't hold it against your grooming abilities?

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! I WISH whoever did it was caught and published in the MHW and banned from showing at Worlds!

It gives me the heebie jeebies to think of someone going in with your gelding and doing that. I hope the culprit is caught and severely punished too! It's sad that we're hearing more and more of these complaints. If the grounds security isn't adequate, maybe people in the same barns can get together and start forming Neighborhood Watches. It would only take a few minutes for anyone already checking on their horses to walk the aisle, and I'd think it would be nice to know your barn mates were doing the same when you're not there.

That is so scary. I am sorry, I wouldn't know what to think if I was in your shoes. I really hope you still go out there and show him, it may send a message.

I am so sorry to hear about this. PLEASE show your horse anyway!!! I am sure that word will get around even to the judges. If someone asks you why he doesn't have a mane tell them. Don't let them beat you down, go in that ring with a big smile knowing that someone was low enough, and scared enough of competing with him to "try" and take away his looks.

After saying that however, I do remember a full size appy stallion that was winning everything when I was a kid. One day they got to his stall to find he had been gelded (after threats). The the owners took him home and when he was healed they showed him as a gelding and continued to win. Even with cameras in his stall, now mind you this was about 30 yrs ago (not very good technology) they found he had been killed.

This is a decision that only you can make. I believe in taking a stand but it does put your horse at risk. You might want to check around and see if you can rent a camera system while you are there.

Once again, I am so sorry you and anybody else has to go through something like this.

Robin

WOW. That is pathetic. I'm not familiar with the AMHA rules but can you show a horse with a roached mane?? I would definately have show officials involved in that!

The only words that come to mind is slimey, disgusting, nasty and scumball.

I agree, put on a big smile anyway and go kick some butt!!! And I DO hope someone saw something and can report it and they get caught.

How low can people get?!! Ridiculous.

Wow thats awful!! I cant even imagine
default_sad.png

Has he already been measured in? Without a mane it would be difficult to find the last hairs......

maybe thats what the jerk was trying to do, cut the main so you couldnt show because you couldnt be measured.... (not saying you cant, I dont know how a situation like this is dealt with)

I hope they find the culprits and he/she is punnished severely!

Very very sad
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
It is expensive both in $$ as well as time and emotion to get a horse to Worlds - to have that done to him is very very low. Unfortunately I doubt that the individual will be caught and/or punished -- I would guess the only "good" thing that can possibly come out of this is that it could have been a lot worse - and THANKFULLY wasn't! I had survellience up at our stalls a couple of years ago because we had death threats against my horse - I was a wreck the whole week we were there.

Give yourself a hug and your horse a cookie - hold your head up high and hope that they DO find out who did this and that the culprit is punished -

That really stinks and I sure hope the culprit is caught and punished. Have you reported this to the show officials? (and the police??) I would certainly hope that they would let you show and let the judges know what happened. And let everyone else know so they can help find the person and make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

That really stinks and I sure hope the culprit is caught and punished. Have you reported this to the show officials? (and the police??) I would certainly hope that they would let you show and let the judges know what happened. And let everyone else know so they can help find the person and make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Yes there was a police report made and AMHA officials were notified.

It is beyond belief that some people are so intent on winning that they would go to those extremes.

Like someone else said, you can likely narrow it down to your competitors (or friends of) for your horse's classes.

I know people who just "NEED TO WIN" and it's rather pathetic.

I hope you get some leads on the culprit and I hope the AMHA "powers that be" give you every conceivable concession and more.

Too bad there isn't a "false mane" or a way to "weave" longe hairs in.

Terrible, so sorry this has happen to you.
default_no.gif

You will never know, unless someone comes forward, who might hear something.

Sure hope you do not assume the wrong person.

Maybe just maybe some kids finding this funny.

Not trying to make light of this.

I sure would be upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not allowed to use hair pieces, Genie, otherwise everyone would already be doing it!

I am sorry this happened to you, I doubt there would be anything the police could do even if they caught them, as it is only "cosmetic" and it will grow, so no lasting damage has been done.

The AMHA, of course, would have far more "clout" in this circumstance as they could seriously damage the persons showing life! Have you any more classes to go? The announcement was a nice touch, and it shows that the Judges were aware of what happened, so maybe you would not have done better, maybe this just was not your year?

I know it stinks and I would personally like to get my hands on this weasel, maybe AMHA should have cameras up, certainly they should be available to hire, but in a case like this, next years should be free for you!

This is uncalled for!!! And for two reasons: First the low life culprits who done this are sore losers and very scary thinking about what else could have been done. Second: A horse should be judged for confirmation and if a judge can't see past the missing mane then what kind of judge is that?

((hugs)) to you and congrats for standing up and showing him!! Go back next year and kick butt!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back