I AM LIVID !! MY HORSES MANE WAS CUT OFF AT WORLDS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG......What is wrong with people...........

I would be livid to no end and probably would have come completely undone!!!!!!!!
default_gaah.gif
:arg!

Wow I am just in shock! I feel so bad for you!

If they catch the person they should be banned from showing ever again. There needs to be a strong message that this wont ever be tolerated.

You must have a kick butt horse to intimidate someone that bad but I know that doesnt help.

So sorry

Kay

I expect that you signed something that said you were not covered in case of any loss or damage or injury by the AMHA when you rented your stall?

Last edited by a moderator:
How mean can somebody be.
sad.gif
I am shocked at your story.

Obviously your horse was the best and that made him a target. The judges should have let you show and pinned you number 1 to prove that quality still wins number 1. A good judge could have seen past the mane to the quality of the horse. I think the show officials should let you have your moment of glory to show people that cheat that it won't keep a good horse down.

glad it wasn't something dangerous. thanks for sharing your painful experience.

Wow I am just in shock! I feel so bad for you!

If they catch the person they should be banned from showing ever again. There needs to be a strong message that this wont ever be tolerated.

You must have a kick butt horse to intimidate someone that bad but I know that doesnt help.

So sorry

Kay
I agree - they should be banned from the AMHA. Then things like this would stop because the association is showing that they wil not accept this behavior.

Wait, are you saying you were not allowed to show because of this???

Say not so!
default_sad.png

What a slimy low life to have done something so cruel........

On a positive note, it says something about how nice your horse is -- for them to feel that threatened........

I don't even know Sheri but my heart goes out to her. This is just something only a criminally minded person could do. How could anyone obviously interested in horses take out their ??? on a horse? I say ??? because motive or emotion unknown. Anger, jealousy, revenge, hatred, frustration...I mean c'mon. This sounds like an episode of CSI, Law and Order, or Criminal Minds! If you have a beef with a person let the person know. And I don't mean on a public forum. Tell them in person. Maybe you will end up in a brawl. At least you would get attention which seems to be what somebody must be in need of. But leave their animal alone. Knowing this sort of person is lurking around the stalls gives me the creeps. I have not looked at the forums in a few days because frankly reading all the flack about Nationals made me ill. Now this! I have never been to Nationals or World but last year enjoyed watching on internet thinking one day I will be there seeing everything up close and personal. Right now I simply do not want to tune in. I can see the pictures in the magazine later. This is just pure evil. Those of you that have worked so hard to get there in competition...I wish you all the best. Anyone resorting to shameful tactics must be feeling empty inside no matter if they win a title. What has one gained if self-respect is lost?

Ok, I'm sorry, but someone who would do this sort of thing is not just thinking about winning. This is a sign, to me, of a mental issue that is not just about 'me first'!! Maybe they need to seek some counceling to cope with their messed up emotions?

I am so sorry this happened.

Vickie Gee, for MOST folks, Nationals and Worlds really is fun and seeing all the horses and meeting all the good people is really worth the trip!! It only takes one or two sour folks to ruin the whole excitement of everyone's hard journey to get there- what a shame!

I hate to say this but this was probably done by Someone You Know. Someone who is familiar with you and the horse. Someone who blended in. Someone who knew you would not be there. AMHA - or any other association - cannot police people like that...

Ok, I'm sorry, but someone who would do this sort of thing is not just thinking about winning. This is a sign, to me, of a mental issue that is not just about 'me first
I agree with HGF about that ^.

So sorry that happened to you. Some people are just... well, they are not people.
default_no.gif

THANK YOU AMHA!!! Boy this really showed that this is not allowed.......
As painful as the situation may have been, I am not really sure what you expected them to say at that time, to be honest... they can't really start pointing fingers at... WHO?
default_unsure.png

I hate to say this but this was probably done by Someone You Know. Someone who is familiar with you and the horse. Someone who blended in. Someone who knew you would not be there. AMHA - or any other association - cannot police people like that...

So sorry that happened to you. Some people are just... well, they are not people.
no.gif

I am not really sure what you expected them to say at that time, to be honest... they can't really start pointing fingers at... WHO?
unsure.gif
I was told by the President to go ahead and show the horse, then they would call me into center ring and give a announcement on what happened. Saying that this is not acceptable at any AMHA show. Then they would announce that a reward was being offered. This was not done, because they said it was on a live feed and the association did not want it all over Lil Beginnings.

That does not make sense as it would be reported somewhere anyway... something is not adding up. They also may have to be very careful about what they say for legal reasons, I don't know.... are you still there or back at hone?

OMG my heart goes out to you but I'm glad they didn't injure your horse

but how cruel and then for the judges to give the gate to a 2x national champion because of such a nasty deed out of your control.

Whats next a chain and padlock for our stall doors?

I'm sooo sorry this happened to you. The excitement and expense to travel to these shows and then to have someone do such a thing
default_no.gif

What a creep I sure hope you can find out who did it

I am so terribly sorry. darn people why do they have to be that way. I hope you get to shave their heads when you find them.

I was told by the President to go ahead and show the horse, then they would call me into center ring and give a announcement on what happened. Saying that this is not acceptable at any AMHA show. Then they would announce that a reward was being offered. This was not done, because they said it was on a live feed and the association did not want it all over Lil Beginnings.

If they went back on this promise then that is wrong and cowardly on the part of AMHA!!! They are just as responsible for helping the perpetrator get away with this by trying to cover it up just to avoid bad publicity. Well - now they are still getting the publicity and everyone knows that they are more interested in looking good than standing by their members!

There was no legal ramification for letting people know what had happened and asking them to come forward if they had seen something. It wasn't like they were naming names of suspects. Shame on AMHA!

Sheri - I am SO sorry that this happened to you and to your gelding. It is too bad that one bad apple ruins things for everyone. I hope they find the person responsible and ban them from showing horses in ANY association (I know that couldn't actually be accomplished) but at the very least AMHA!

Barbara

They are just as responsible for helping the perpetrator get away with this by trying to cover it up just to avoid bad publicity. Well - now they are still getting the publicity and everyone knows that they are more interested in looking good than standing by their members!
I think that is a bit premature - we do not know everything that went on and what they did and did not do... except for allegedly not making that announcement. How are they helping the person get away with it? And if we are quick to tar and feather anyone without knowing all the facts, then we are not helping the situation.

The anger should be directed at the person that Sherri knows (as I said earlier) who must have done this....
default_no.gif

I never cease to be amazed at how low some scumbags will go to win a ribbon , I hope you wont let this stop you from going back in that ring with your head held high , Id love to see pics of your boy ...with or without his mane Im sure he must be stunning if they were THAT frightened of him

They are just as responsible for helping the perpetrator get away with this by trying to cover it up just to avoid bad publicity. Well - now they are still getting the publicity and everyone knows that they are more interested in looking good than standing by their members!

No, this is NOT AMHA's fault and they should not be held liable. We are responsible for our own horses and it's horribly sad that this happened.

I had an incident at AMHR Nationals. Somehow my 2YO stallion AND a 2 YO mare got out of their stalls Friday morning, just before Rage was to show. The stalls were open farther then the horses would have needed to push to get out. I know that all the doors were secured the night before safely. Luckily a very nice gentleman caught them in the middle of the night and put them in some empty stalls. I think someone let them out to make trouble, and I THINK I KNOW who did it! No harm done except there's a strong possiblility the mare was bred, and obviously they were both exhausted after running around the grounds, including the campground - for hours. Some people are just *ssholes!!

A friend had a full sized appy who was burning up the ring. Winning everything. She went to the grounds Saturday morning and his stall was unlatched. Thankfully he wasn't one to push against the stall door, so he was fine. That night she put a chain and padlock on the stall. THEY REMOVED THE HINGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Big Leagues!!!

Latest posts

Back