Hunter / Jumper classes at Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying minis

Reaction score
Don't know who was responsible for them, but I loved seeing the more challenging hunter and jumper classes at Nationals. I wasn't competing, but hope they will be just as challenging next year when I am. I have had so many shows this year where the hunter jumper classes are very basic courses, and not really reflecting "real" hunter jumper courses. Especially in jumper, it seems when the courses are so basic, it just is a foot race at the end - at least when there are some turns or combinations a little more skill is needed.

Don't know who was responsible for them, but I loved seeing the more challenging hunter and jumper classes at Nationals. I wasn't competing, but hope they will be just as challenging next year when I am. I have had so many shows this year where the hunter jumper classes are very basic courses, and not really reflecting "real" hunter jumper courses. Especially in jumper, it seems when the courses are so basic, it just is a foot race at the end - at least when there are some turns or combinations a little more skill is needed.
I totally agree. I come from a hunter/jumper background and I like the fact that the handler had to use their head (strategy) as well as their feet. There were some awesome horses competing!!

Latest posts

Back