Humble (F.K.A. Breezy) is home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George

Reaction score
Well, it was a long month but the wait is finally over; Breezy is now home and now maybe the ulcers I got while waiting and stressing will go away
default_smile.png

We had to bring Breezy home in the company van (I always knew it would come in handy). Breezy was very good on the ride home. who'd have thought such a small horse could poop so much. I cleaned up three piles before we got home.

He is incredibly easy to lead. He is excellent off the lead too; he walks right beside me. He is eating and drinking great and playing with his apple (those big sented apples that are hung in the stall).

I have to get a farrier up to do his feet. It is obvious his feet were just done. I am no expert hoof trimmer but I can tell they're way off. It seems too much was taken off the heel because he rocks back so that the front of his hooves stick up in the air. It looks very uncomfortable. His hooves also seem very long to me. Other than his hooves everything seems to be fine with him.

He loves to be petted and groomed and one thing I really like is that I can lift his feet up and he barely moves. Basically, he'll allow me to handle him and toch him anywhere and he just stands and allows it without any fuss.

Breezy is a nice name but I like picking out names so I have named this boy Humble.

Here are some pictures I took when he first got home.

newhorse308-25-2007.jpg

humble408-25-2007.jpg

humble208-25-2007.jpg

What a darling! I don't know his story but it's evident he is one lucky guy to be loved this much! Congratulations.

Maxine

The story behind Humble is, I had been looking for a mini for a few years; I always said I'd know the right horse when I saw it. I was doing a search about a month ago and saw Humble's photo on a sales ad. I looked at too many ads to count but I kept going back to the piicture of Humble. I made up my mind that I would buy him by photo alone. Then I found an ad that said he was sold. I was bummed but emailed the breeder anyway; she said the deal fell through and that he was still available so I bought him. I went to visit him a week later and was very happy with my decision to buy him.

The breeder is a very nice lady and I pestered her a little bit between the time I bought him and today when I picked him up. She is probably thankful to have him gone so that I will leave her alone LOL

I was able to get a lot done to prepare for Humble and that was good and worked out great but still, I found myself running around even late last night preparing.

I decided on the name Humble to thank my best friend who helped me get everything prepared for Humble and even drove me up to pick him up so that I could concentrate on the new horse coming home 9 I was worried he'd fall on the ride and I stayed in back with him to help keep his balance). Anyway, my best friend's father had a dog named Humble and the family loved the dog. The dog passed away years ago. My friends father owned an Esso station and I am not sure how the name Humble fits in but I guess it had something to do with Esso. My best friends father died in 1986 and although I had never known him, I feel like I grew up with him because I have heard so much about him. I am very close to the entire family and they have done so much for me and have been a second family to me so I named my horse Humble to show my appreciation for them being such good people. I even have a painting of their dog Humble hanging in my living room.

Not that anyone asked why I named him Humble but thought I'd fill you all in on how his name came about.

George that second photo is priceless...what a lovely little face Humble has. Thank you for the story on your decision of the name Humble...I liked it

George...Humble is a perfect name for this very special horse. He is very handsome and has a nice older spirit about him. I think he was definitely the right horse for you! Thanks for sharing him with us. Sounds like "Humble's" breeder was a superb horse lover for him to be such a muffin. I love it when they come home happy and willing. Congratulations on your new furchild.

Looking at all the before and after pictures got me really curious (Curious George LOL) as to what Humble looked like under all the fur so today I headed into town and bought a clipper set and gave my first horse clipping ever. Humble was perfewct during the clipping. No matter what I do with him he seems like a pro.

It is odd how when I clipped him his black coloring turned to an almost steel blue color; you might not be able to see it in the picture.

This is humble right after clipping him today.

Humbletrimmedandposing08-26-2007.jpg

Humbleclipped08-26-2007.jpg

Humble4trim08-26-2007.jpg

Handsome still, but watch that pink skin for sunburn, and cold nites he could get chilly now.

:lol: What a handsome boy!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: He looks very cute either way, fuzzy or clipped lol
default_yes.gif
:

Ashley :saludando:

Isn't the home coming the most exciting day ever! I still remember bringing Bailey home and still can't believe I have him home, in my own backyard!

George, you are going to LOVE owning a mini. I have had big horses previously, but NOTHING compares to the love I have for my little guy. They steal your heart.....no, they steal your life!

He is really gorgeous. I love his markings. I can feel the love you have for him. If you are anything like me, and most mini owners, your every waking moment will be spent thinking about him. These little guys are so much fun and they bond with you. They make your heart ache with love
default_wub.png
:

Anyway, keep him warm at night with a blanket/rug if it gets cold there overnight. He's a doll. Isn't all the waiting worth it??

Congratulations! Keep posting photos.

It sure was a long day at work today. I spent most of the day worrying that he was going to get hurt on something that I overlooked. I got home (late even) and he was perfectly fine. I let him out and he started running with his tail striaght up; it was a beautiful sight. His feet were driving me crazy. his front and back feet continued to fall backwards so that he was standing on his ankles. I finally fixed a flat area and studied his feet. I grew up trimming my own horses feet (it seemed in those days the art of trimming horse hooves was taught to all kids who had their own horse), once I studied his hooves for a while the trimming I had learned as a kid started coming back to me. I had to do a little at a time and take him out to walk around then do a little more. Once he was really close to where he was walking right, I got out my dremel with the sander head and finished off his hooves by sanding. Now I have a horse that is walking on his hooves instead of his ankles, and he doesn't look like he has skis for feet. Considering the nearest farrier I have been able to find is on the other side of the state, I guess I had better get used to do my horses feet.

Right now I am in my bedroom watching Humble in his barn (I have a security camera). I like being able to watch him even when I am in the house. I sure wish they had the gadgets they have today when I was a kid, it would have saved my feet a lot of milage from running back and forth to the barn.

Thank you all for dealing with me while I get used to Humble and share with you my excitement.

I LOVE his face markings. I think i'm in love actually, what a nice little guy. Your very lucky to have him!

What an adorable boy, and LOVE his new name! How precious!
default_yes.gif
: CONGRATS, I hope you enjoy a wonderful future with him.
default_wub.png
:

I LOVE his face markings. I think i'm in love actually, what a nice little guy. Your very lucky to have him!
Thanks.

You know, you never really appreciate how small a mini is until they step on your toes LOL I was just out grooming him and he stepped on my toe and for once I didn't scream and hold my breath praying he wouldn't twist his hoof while standing on my foot.

Latest posts

Back