Huge score at TSC today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
I wanted to give everyone a heads up about a deal I got at tractor supply today. Not sure if all stores will have it, but it is worth checking.

I feed TNT chops to my horses through show season, and normally pay $16.99 per bag. They are chopped timothy/alfalfa' come in 40lb compressed bags.

My tractor supply has decided to quit carrying them because they dont sell good there, since standlee alfalfa cubes are normally $4 a bag cheaper. I hate cubes, I dont have water at my barn so its a pain in the butt to lug a bucket of soaked cubes, along with jugs of water. Cant soak them at the barn in the winter, theyll freeze, etc. The chops are just that, small chopped hay, so they dont need soaked.

I just bought out the rest of their stock of the tnt chops on clearance for $6 a bag, some bags were $1 a bag (those bags are the ones that expire in the spring).

With hay being scarce this year, and crappy quality, Im glad that at the same price as I could buybaled hay for, I bought hay that has a guaranteed analysis, isnt stiff like a broom, and is easy to store since its compressed.

That is great! The TSC in our area doesn't carry those. I was looking for them as I thought it would be a great way to stretch the hay supply since I am having to feed it already. I went with the cubes and break them up(no soaking)and they do fine with them.

Our TSC just started carrying compressed hay...going to check it out, with bales at $9 plus the compressed hay may be a great option this winter.

Latest posts

Back