How was the market for you this year?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
I found the market was good too us.

Got what we where asking for.

We had 3 foals, 2 fillies, 1 colt and they sold fast but
default_no.gif
they have gone to their new homes.

Now I am childless again.

The market has been good here. I've sold two bred mares that foaled this year, one bred mare due next year, a 2 yr old stallion, two weanling colts and I've leased out a tiny stallion to show next year as a Sr horse.
default_smile.png

The market has been good here. I've sold two bred mares that foaled this year, one bred mare due next year, a 2 yr old stallion, two weanling colts and I've leased out a tiny stallion to show next year as a Sr horse.
default_smile.png
That is fantastic,

Looks like we have been lucky
default_aktion033.gif

It was fairly good for me. I had two advertised, one show mare and one stallion. the show mare sold right away at my asking price. The stallion has not sold so I am gelding him and will show him later this fall. I will have a foal for sale later but she was born in late July so she can't go for a few months yet. I have sold 4 horses in 3 years with little trouble. The right person always comes along if I wait long enough. I have no complaints, but I'm not trying to make money at it, just enjoying showing and breeding and if I can sell a baby or two now and then, that's a bonus. If they didn't sell I'd keep them, but that hasn't been an issue yet.

amanda

Well I have to say I contributed to that good market LOL Since May of 2009 I bought 1 stallion, 3 mares, and leased 2 mares.

I have 5 foals and a mare to sell.

There's GOT to be another ME out there, right? Right??? RIGHT??? LOL
default_new_rofl.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg

I'd have to say that we've been very fortunate this season and I've been a busy bee.

We had (15) foals here on the farm this season as of yesterday and I'll personally be retaining (2) of our FABULOUS "Marystown Cowboy Wild Spirit" fillies out of this foal crop. Therefore, leaving us with ONLY (3) foals to place now since the other's all been sold.

Aside from that I've placed several other horses bringing the sum total this season to (36). As I mentioned I've been extremely busy....

Update numbers on 8/11/2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to say that we've been very fortunate this season and I've been a busy bee.

We had (15) foals here on the farm. I'll personally be retaining (2) FABULOUS fillies out of this seasons foal crop. Therefore, leaving us with ONLY (4) to place as the others have all been sold.

Aside from that I've placed several other horses bringing the sum total this season to (34). As I mentioned I've been extremely busy....
Oh My you have been busy and CONGRATULATIONS
default_aktion033.gif

Well it's been a few years since I've sold anything but decided early this year that I'd try to sell 3 mares, a gelding and a stud colt. The 3 mares have since sold, one within days, but I still have the gelding and colt (who is now also a gelding). Sale is pending on the one gelding so I'd say all in all I too have had a successful year. Most importantly, the 3 girls I sold all got the absolute best of homes and I am so so SO excited to see their foals next year (even though I miss them dearly)!!!!
default_wub.png

Well, I had none for sale.

I had none advertised.

But I did sell 2.

I heard of two buyers looking for a particular horse. I checked into each person, and then suggested a horse I had that I was sure was a great match, going on what they were looking for.

And they WERE!!

So, for not having any for sale, I think it's pretty darn good!

I have just found this is a better way to sell, if I so choose. It appears to work rather well.

Well, we didn't have very many for sale this year but all in all the sales have been ok. One bred mare went to Europe. One filly went to Europe. Another bred mare went in a trade which came as a complete shock to me as I never trade. LOL Two weanling colts sold in our first time ever on line auction. The auction worked fine as far as the selling went, but things got REAL scrambled at the end with emails bouncing, phone ringing. Whew! I ended up with 2 losing bidders not happy with the outcome because of the communication diffculties, but the colts did sell and both to show homes. I don't think I'll be doing that again unless I could figure out a way to control the confusion.

We still have Renaissance for sale but his price will be going up. He just went Ammy Ch at Central. and the colt Twist Star we are thinking to show next year. I guess we should keep him on the sale list though. Maybe we could work something out with a buyer. For the most part we have sold what we had on the sales list so I am happy.

I have fairly regular requests for a certain something in the way of horses for sale so I just pass them on to farms that I think might be able to help them. So I would say people are definitely looking.

All in all, not a bad year.

Charlotte

We sold seven and one half foals without really advertising. We do ads in the magazines for the farm, but we really don't push like we need to. We also just sold a yearling colt to New Zealand, but that was months in the making with a lot of leg work. I have a couple mares I would love to sell, and too many on my sales page that I do not want to sell. I get too attached LOL. So it's been a good year for us so far, but I do need to get my numbers down..this recent medical lapse for me has really been a wake up call..Shannon has had to deal with everything. We will have a couple show foals at Nationals for sale as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a good year here as well - we sold 1/3 of our herd -- Eleven horses,--- mares, stallions,geldings, fillies -- Got the prices we wanted -- very pleased.

We did things a bit differently this year -- for the past 5 years - all of our horses have gone either to Quebec or Eastern Ontario -- so this year we , along with 2 other farms put on a production sale in Eastern Ontario -- total of 27 horses -- very pleased with the results.

We have never had a problem selling our horses -- trouble is -- we don't always have many for sale as we show a lot of them.

However, this year, we decided to really cut back -- AND the week after the sale John had a stroke so it is a good job that we did.

This year we have only 1 colt as we sold the other baby along with her mom & also a pregnant mare so just 1 baby in the field this year.HAve a few bred for next year though --

Overall I'd have to say I'm happy with what I've sold and the prices I've gotten. Sure, we'd all love to get more, but I think the prices were fair for both parties. I've sold 7 since the beginning of the year and then a few more recently that I haven't announced yet and weren't even on my sale page. But I do see the market slowing at the moment and I think it's because of the time of year. Everyone is very busy with Nationals and Worlds. I think sales will pick up again right after Worlds.
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back