How small is...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple Hollow Farm...Love Spot. This past March I got to meet Buck Echo and he is such an amazing lil horse with such personality.

Thank you, Spotty was my first mini, he is very spoiled but I absolutely love him!!! We got to meet Buck Echo when we bought our Echo, we still cant get over how much our Echo looks like his magnificent sire!

My smallest mature horse here on the farm is Country Hills Dreamers Little Red, 28.25". She's in foal to Redrock Magic Maker 30" for March.

6-08DreamersLittleRed.jpg

I also leased out to a show home, Redrock In The Red, a tiny coming 3 yr old chestnut pinto stallion. He's currently only 26.25" tall and looks to mature very small.

DSC_3806.jpg

We have a lot of little ones!

Doves Buckeroos Golden Dream-27.75" Palomino LK Supreme Dream son, upcoming 4 yr. old. Will be showing in 28" and under sr. stallions in 2011! We have 3 mares in foal to him, 2 of which are just 28"

**excuse this pic, it was taken after a week straight of rain!

Dream3.jpg

This is a 28.25" upcoming 2 yr. old colt. He's very mature and I think he'll top out at 29" max

DSC00103.jpg

This is an upcoming 3 yr. old mare that is just 27.25". She is so refined that it makes her look even smaller

fbf17e83.jpg

b87e31e9.jpg

Here is a 28.25" 9 year old chestnut splash mare:

Daffy-head.jpg

And just because I LOVE this picture so much...the little 28.25" upcoming 2 yr. old playing with our little weanling appaloosa colt that is on track to mature in the 28"-29" range. The head of his dam is also in the picture (she's in all of the pictures and just hilarious-she looks SO upset with their antics) is just 28" and one of our best broodmares

Boys6.jpg

I have a bunch of others in the 28"-29" range, but need to get updated pictures

And Eagles Ring: Your boy is just plain wow from his expression to color hes the total package (IMO)

Everyone has very nice minis! Keep em coming!
Thanks so much Dan we just love Bow he has the most wonderful personality and disposition too that he seems to pass on to his foals

Beautiful wee ones everyone keep um coming

Wow!! I just love them all! My smallest ones are around 31" tall. This is my stallion, Levi aka Fabio. He is a silver brown and I think he is gorgeous!! lol
leviheadshot.jpg
I just love, love, love, his mane and forelock!! I so want O So's to get that long! He keeps rubbing it and breaking hairs though! Uggghhh!

IMG_3515.jpg

our stallion cash is the smallest besides the foals from this year. he is just under 31 inches tall . i have a filly that was born this year that is looking to mature at 30
default_smile.png

Here is our smallest stallion - Shorty - who we just purchased from Iona this year. He is 27.5" and is pictured both in show shape and out to pasture this summer:

shorty.jpg

shortyjune.jpg

We have two other under 30" stallions on the farm. Our smallest mature mare is 28.5", but as of tomorrow she will be mine no more.
default_bye-sad.gif
I've retained her 2009 filly though, and expect her to mature about the same size. Here she is as a 27" yearling:

rosietrot2010.jpg

Here is our smallest stallion - Shorty - who we just purchased from Iona this year. He is 27.5" and is pictured both in show shape and out to pasture this summer:

shorty.jpg

shortyjune.jpg

We have two other under 30" stallions on the farm. Our smallest mature mare is 28.5", but as of tomorrow she will be mine no more.
default_bye-sad.gif
I've retained her 2009 filly though, and expect her to mature about the same size. Here she is as a 27" yearling:

rosietrot2010.jpg
RockRiverTiff-LOVE
default_wub.png
Shorty's forelock and mane! So long and beautiful!

Everyone has exceptional horses in their herds! I love looking at everyone's pictures. Beautiful horses everyone
default_wub.png

Dan.

I just absolutely love looking at all the small ones there are out there! It seems we don't hear much about them untill someone starts a thread like this and suddenly we see how many really nice little ones there are.

Here are some of mine....of course, I couldn't miss out on this.
default_laugh.png

Cowboy, 25 1/2"

CowboyLiz3-500X.jpg

Some Cowboy kids:

Buttons N Bows, 29"

buttonsLizheadsmall2.jpg

Daniela, 27 3/4"

10-095-09daniela1.jpg

Oooh La La, 28 3/4"

7-08OoohLaLa2.jpg

Now we are getting a lot of small ... as in under 30"...from Skipper bred to Cowboy daughters. this year we have a Skipper daughter bred to Cowboy which is a first for us and we are SO excited to see this one!

I can't remember the numbers, but a high percentage of Cowboy's foals have gone into the show ring and everyone of those has been World or National Champion, Reserve Champion or Top Ten. It just goes to show that horses don't have to be tall to be really really good.
default_yes.gif

Charlotte

Well, I've looked through this entire thread, and I didn't see one dwarf, lol. Well, I must share my dwarves because they are truly short.

Connor- 4 month old Silver Black Appaloosa Filly 22'' tall. (25'' estimated.)

44843_1455280273492_1577895892_1070625_785208_n.jpg

150885_1570107464100_1577895892_1293279_5289997_n.jpg

156742_162343537142956_162239413820035_329142_4691382_n.jpg

Teddy- 4 year old Chestnut Appaloosa Gelding 25'' tall.

015-4-1.jpg

th_009-5.jpg

These two were born on our farm and accidental breedings. Not something we're proud of, but we're glad that we have two beautiful foals with wonderful personalities a like.

Connor has become my inspiration in life. I hope to become a certified NARHA Therapeutic Riding Instructor. I ahve taken Connor to school and to a Christmas Parade already in her short life and I think she'll be a great therapy horse!

Our smallest adult mini is one of our perlino BTU mares, Erica's Sweet as Sugar, a/k/a Sweetie. She's about 30" high and is currently in foal to our National Champion (halter) / Reserve National Grand Champion (driving), Halter Hall of Fame all around marshmallow of a stallion, Destiny. A repeat breeding of the foal she's pictured with below.

Sweetie%20061808%20093%20MARES.jpg

Sweetie-and-Piper--MARES.jpg

Sweetie%20060908%201.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's our smallest, Misty.. She's sort of our mascot and has done parades etc. with us, she's our weanling babysitter, farm clown/show off and everyone who meets her falls in love with her.. I believe she's right around 29" tall.. We had bought her dam in foal with her and to our surprise she foaled early on April Fool's Day 2006 before we even brought her home.. Unfortunately when the filly was a week old we lost her dam and through the help of members here and other horsie friends we raised the filly as a bucket baby and she's a healthy happy coming 5 year old (OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
where does time go!?!?!)

CIMG1620.JPG

22043_227265174612_224524494612_3134676_1917603_n.jpg

Here's our smallest, Misty.. She's sort of our mascot and has done parades etc. with us, she's our weanling babysitter, farm clown/show off and everyone who meets her falls in love with her.. I believe she's right around 29" tall.. We had bought her dam in foal with her and to our surprise she foaled early on April Fool's Day 2006 before we even brought her home.. Unfortunately when the filly was a week old we lost her dam and through the help of members here and other horsie friends we raised the filly as a bucket baby and she's a healthy happy coming 5 year old (OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
where does time go!?!?!)

CIMG1620.JPG

22043_227265174612_224524494612_3134676_1917603_n.jpg
I love her face! So pretty! She looks very sweet!
default_smile.png

What a fun thread! Everyones little ones are so nice! I have 3 tinys. Cricket 27", Ziggi 31", but my favorite is Dillion 28". He is our Dell Terra Stallion. He is the first one Art bought for me an Valentines Day 8 years ago...This little guy has my heart..

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fun thread! Everyones little ones are so nice! I have 3 tinys. Cricket 27", Ziggi 31", but my favorite is Dillion 28". He is our Dell Terra Stallion. He is the first one Art bought for me an Valentines Day 8 years ago...This little guy has my heart..

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg
OMG! Look at his mane, and I thought Che` had lots of mane, your guy has tons of hair and is so beautiful.

Ok, you have got to stop showing me these pics of that beautiful mini! I just love the mane!!
default_wub.png
I said it before and I'm going to say it again, I would love O So's to get that long.

IMG_3267.jpg

Back