How old do you think Batman is?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebeq

Reaction score
I realize that these photos aren't ideal, but they are all I can get by myself
default_smile.png

How old do you think he is? They said 1.5-2 years old...but I figured I would check with you guys anyway.

February2011493.jpg

February2011494.jpg

February2011495.jpg

not easy to give a definate answer from those pics but they do all appear to be baby teeth so yes I would say hes two this spring

not easy to give a definate answer from those pics but they do all appear to be baby teeth so yes I would say hes two this spring
I was thinking that too, until I looked at a chart.

This is what it shows for 1 year old. See the teeth on the edge? They aren't touching yet.

1_year.jpg

Now this is what it shows for 2.5 years old. They are the same length as the other teeth.

2and1half_years.jpg

Now here is Batman...

February2011495.jpg

See how they are all the same length? I am not trying to argue, I am just thinking he may already be 2...not like it matters though, lol
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

thats what I said .... two !
default_yes.gif
spring is only 1 or 2 months away ,

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have no input on how old he is, (I have no idea, LOL) I just wanted to say he is adorable!
default_wub.png
Congrats on your new additions!

it is hard to tell by the photos if they are adult teeth or baby teeth, but anyways if you go out and look they get their first adult incisors (middle teeth) in when they are about 2 and a half years old, the next ones out from there at 3 and a half, the third set, (last or out side ones) at 4 and a half and get canines at 4-5 years. I will try and add a good website that I use and it shows you pictures and how to age older horses as well. Good luck and I hope that he is the age that they say he is. Also I dont see any canines so that is a good sign.

http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/ag_equine_2007-06pr.pdf

How in the world did you manage to get those pictures?
default_new_shocked.gif
Your timing was impeccable!

it is hard to tell by the photos if they are adult teeth or baby teeth, but anyways if you go out and look they get their first adult incisors (middle teeth) in when they are about 2 and a half years old, the next ones out from there at 3 and a half, the third set, (last or out side ones) at 4 and a half and get canines at 4-5 years. I will try and add a good website that I use and it shows you pictures and how to age older horses as well. Good luck and I hope that he is the age that they say he is. Also I dont see any canines so that is a good sign.

http://extension.usu...e_2007-06pr.pdf
Wow that helps a lot! I think he is around 2 from the pictures I have seen on that site, and the diagrams I have seen. Much appreciated!

How in the world did you manage to get those pictures?
default_new_shocked.gif
Your timing was impeccable!
Lol...Nikon D90
default_wink.png
I LOVE my camera
default_biggrin.png

Very nice tooth pictures, like he was just posing patiently for you! Just wanted to add that I have had horses over 30 years, but never minis, bred mares, or younger ones than 4. So I freaked out when my 20 month old colts suddenly had bloody mouths! They both had front teeth hanging or broken in half from playing rough, kicking and biting. My vet laughed at me and said not to worry they were starting to shed the baby teeth and their rough play just hurried it along. The next day I could see the other permanents coming in as I was hosing out their mouths.

Very nice tooth pictures, like he was just posing patiently for you! Just wanted to add that I have had horses over 30 years, but never minis, bred mares, or younger ones than 4. So I freaked out when my 20 month old colts suddenly had bloody mouths! They both had front teeth hanging or broken in half from playing rough, kicking and biting. My vet laughed at me and said not to worry they were starting to shed the baby teeth and their rough play just hurried it along. The next day I could see the other permanents coming in as I was hosing out their mouths.

Well, I am sure I will be seeing that soon enough, lol
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back