How many stalions do you have?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many stallions do you have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Over 10

• Total voters

~Palomino~

Reaction score
I got wondering the other day, where do all the colts go? Every (almost every)farm has a great ratio of mares to stallion, and every year there about the same # of colts as fillies, so where do they all go?

Gage

Hopefully most of them go on to be SUPER geldings!!! LOL!
aktion033.gif
We have one stallion here, RGR's Pale Warrior....

f7cba119.jpg

f8ad4884.jpg

Good topic!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I have 1 3yr old pinto stud.

he goes into our second pasture in the daytime, where we use to keep dads calves but they stay inside in the winter. Its right beside where we keep our 3 geldings, 1 mare and my filly. He doesnt pay much attention to the other horses ..i put him out with Coco sometimes though when we have all the other horses inside and away from sight. Him and Coco get along nicely, but ONLY him and coco. I just dont like to keep a stud by himself because he is a stud. Horses are still heard animals and shouldnt be blocked off.

He stays in the pony barn at night. In the stall between joey and angel. he doesnt pay much attention to angel ..im a bit worried actually. But he is our only stallion for a pretty long time.

Miniapp ...i love that horse. His color and head is just beautiful!!!!!

My mouth dropped when i saw him!!

Leeana

I have three stallions, though they are still just yearlings (soon to be two year olds). I kept two colts from last year's foal crop and bought one more. Before that, I had owned two stallions in partnership with two other people, and we had decided that we would sell one, which we did, then the other one got sick and died right after having colic surgery. So all I have now is the three "stallion prospects" that I have.

I also have two geldings (and have sold many many more).
smile.gif

I have 3.... 2 that stay together in the winter, they have been together all their lives, except when they go to their separate pastures with "their" mares.

My Buckskin stallion has to stay by himself, since he will not get along with the others.

And my Jack has to stay by himself also, but he has two llamas and a steer to keep him company!

I've got quite a few. Some are show boys while others stay home to work. Since I have 6 mature stallions, some will eventually have to find other homes... he he he

I have just one stallion (only have 2 mares, so don't need more), and if he doesn't work out as a stallion, he'll be gelded and trained to drive.

We have five stallions that we are using for breeding. But we have a bachelor group of young colts and stallions that we are not using and are either selling as studs or geldings.

MA

I couldn't add to your survey as I have 3 1/2 ---
wink.gif

I have one stallion - Nakota, he was four this year. He is stays with the mini donkey and the "big" horse in their own paddock. The two girls of course have their own paddock. Lori

[SIZE=14pt]We have 6 mature stallions right now! One is sold and going to GA. and another is for sale! We keep 4 breeding stallion most of the time!
yes.gif
[/SIZE]

Bill

one, twinkletoes, who ill be using this year for the first time,
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I have three senior stallions, two juniors and 3 colts that I don't want to sell. I feel if you have a successful breeding program, you need more than 1 stallion of different breeding.
wink.gif
I love my boys. My two 31" stallions have the two front fields and stall next two each other. My 26" senior stallion and my two coming 3 year old little stallions pasture with him and are stalled at night with him in a paddock and large run in shed. They are sooooo cute together and love each other. My three colts have yet to be weaned and stay with their dams during the day in the mares pasture and at night in their stalls.

We have 9 mature stallions and 1 weaner.

ummm...you didn't have an option for 0 on your poll! Pippin's only a yearling...and a maybe geld in the spring (I can handle a stallion and have the facilities, but I like geldings).

smile.gif

I have three breeding stallions-

Little Kings Big City Bucks - Son of Boones Little Buckeroo, grandson of Ramblin Starbuck.

Little Kings B T Buck Bandito - Son of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too

Cross Country Take My Breath Away - Son and Grandson of Lazy N Redboy

Then......

I co-own with Jill a coming two year old colt

Erica's Echos to My Destiny - Grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo

Hi Gage,

You already know how many I have :)

But I checked 8 anyway.

And I either use them in my breeding program now or have plans for the ones that are still too young when they grow up!

As of 2005 still...... I have a 24 year old, a 17 year old, a 14 year old, an 11 year old in partnership, a 7 year old, a 2 year old, a yearling, and a weanling in partnership. :)

I love my little boys!!

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back