How many miniature Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Castle Rock i just bought my first Fallabella stallion, Toyland Regallo from The Porterfields Farm in Ga too, so i am up another one as well, but i am going to try my hand at the Fallabella blends!!!!!!

How many..... Used to have 51...with the move, I had to cut back. Now have 34 and still need to cut back. I want to get down to about 20.

Right now I have 7 stallions and want to keep only 2 (looking to buy a new one in the future).

I have 2 yearling studs, one I want to show next year.

2 weanling colts, one I will geld and both will be shown next year.

I have too many mares, want to get down to about 14. This includes two yearlings and two weanlings. The mares I brought down are all really nice, but just too many. Not enough pasture land for all that I have.

Since I did not show this year, and am missing the World Show really bad right now, so there are horses I wanted to show this year and ones that I want to show next year. My show string could be more then I can handle.
default_biggrin.png

Oh, and lets not forget Marbles. I want to take her out again next year.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
53 Minis. Our goal is under 30 by the end of 2012/13.

Sadly I've been trying to get to that number since, oh 2003!!! The retirement herd keeps growing though. /sigh

Breakdown:

6 Geldings

10 Stallions/colts (4 slated to be gelded this fall if finances hold out)

The rest mares/fillies

We have 11:

2 stallions

8 mares; 5 in foal (1 from outside stallion)

1 weanling filly

I also currently have 3 girls here (mare and last 2 years fillies)for a friend getting them healthy and find new homes for the fillies. Found one a home and am tempted to keep the tiny filly from this year. Wouldnt mind having a couple less mares though. My high, last winter was 16 and that was a lot of work. 10 or less would be my perfect number. We do real well selling our foals, but would still prefer to have only 2-3 babies a year. This year we bought a bred mare and bought back a mare we had sold and then bred her.

Marsha

Well! i started out with around fifty two, and i sold a few, bought a few, gave one away, and just the other day i went out to count all of them, and i counted to 54, and then i got a really nervous feeling in my stomach and stopped counting! So if i only count to 54 and dont count anymore, then that is all there is out there right???? LOL!!!!!!

I love that! My mum hid one of hers from me last time I went to see her, took her about 2 days before she showed him to me and had had him for about 6 weeks!
default_smile.png

1 main herdsire

1 junior herdsire

6 broodmares

1 yearling filly (hope to show her)

1 yearling colt (hope to sell and/or show)

3 2011 foals (one filly sold to show home, one filly and colt left, sell and/or show)

1 3 year old appy colt (need to sell)

1 gelding

3 pet fillies

-------

so a grand total of 18 total minis.

I love that! My mum hid one of hers from me last time I went to see her, took her about 2 days before she showed him to me and had had him for about 6 weeks!
default_smile.png
well i keep telling my boyfriend that the babies dont really count as a whole horse, i think that 3 babies count as one, because they are so small so..... really i dont have THAT many, but he just keeps arguing with me anyway!!!!!! Maybe time to get a new beau!!!

We are no longer breeding. Our stallion is under contract, but her husband was laid off, so... We have:

1 weanling colt (soon to be a gelding)

1 stallion

2 yearling fillies

1 gelding

1 mare

At 30 right now, I had I think 33 at this time last year. I sold several early this year when my husband was laid off, I got down to about 22...Then some mares foaled, then hubby found a new job and I got a few more that I couldnt pass up (well, I could have, but didnt LOL). One colt is sold, just waiting to have his new owner come pick him up. Then have one more colt I need to sell, and a few mares. Ideally I would like to stay around 25 adult horses, and whatever foals we have each year that I dont count since they are all sold eventually.

So in all:

3 stallions

2 colts

25 mares

i have

2 stallions (cash, Tramp)

2 geldings(cc, mikey)

2 year old studcolts will be geldings in a month(dash Bonkers)

8 breeding age mares(angel, missy, Daizy, Gem, Twitch, Lacey , Casey, Tanner)

2 yearling fillies (GiGi and ava)

2 weanling fillies (tia and dancer)

1 weanling colt (spinner)

and a pony sized molly mule

around 20..

We have 9 miniature horses and 2 quarter horses.

1 mare(quarter horse)

1 gelding(quarter horse)

8 miniature geldings

1 miniature mare

28 Minis, 3 biggies, 1 large hunter jumper pony.

I too have several that are just retirees and its getting more and more expenxive to feed now! I have GOT TO GET RID OF SOME!!!

I have 4 minis. YEP last yr at this time I got my first them we got hooked on them now at 4 but would have 100 if my hubby would let me

I also have 4 biggies! 1 AQHA and 3 APHA

As of right now I have---- 13

1 Senior stallion

1 Jr stallion

1 yearling stallion

1 5month old colt which I hope to sale soon

5 mare's between 4 & 7 year's of age

3 jr mare's 2 year's of age

1 Quarter horse mare 9 year's of age (that mother's all of our mini's)

I am still looking for a few more mare's to add, but it will probably be next year. If it was up to hubby I would probably have 0 :eek:( So I'm glad I have the final say on this subject (kinda) ;o)

We have 10 but need to cut back (well this weekend we will be down to 9 )

1 stallion

1 yearling colt

6 mares

2 weanling fillies

both boys will be gelded this fall if not sold

I currently have

1 ApHC senior mare

4 mini mares

1 yearling mini stud colt

1 yearling mini stud colt - soon to be gelding

1 yearling jack donkey

1 yearling jenny donkey

1 jenny donkey, mother of yearling jenny above

----

For a grand total of 10 equines

I guess I was starting to loose track of how many I had!

Becky M.

We have 1 of age Stallion

3 mares (1-Stormy- is due anytime now, so hopefully will have 1 more)

2 yearling colts

2 yearling fillies

Back