How is Rita going to affect World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone I was supposed to be flying out to the world show next Thursday, but no Travel agents here in Canada will book me a ticket they say they are not allowed becuase of the Hurricane. So how is Rita going to affect the World Show.

I think it"s too soon to say. Imagine they will have to assess the damage before they resume flights down here. We are still planning to be in Ft Worth for World, hope everyone is able to get here.

Jan

You might try booking a flight on line with a site like Travelocity or Expedia.

MA

I booked a flight over a month ago, but I'm not supposed to leave until the 6th which is 2 weeks from today. Hopefully Rita will be long gone 2 weeks from now
unsure.gif

We are still proceeding like everything is a go. I would try expedia to book tickets. You might have to wait until after Rita hits.

I guess we will all have a better idea on Sunday of the effect on the World. Flooding will probably be the big issue depending on how well DFW handles water and how much and how they get the rain.

i booked ours but i had to call the airline direct. I had put a hold on two seats but hadnt paid for them. when i went to their site the price had TRIPLED. I called them on the phone and since i had a hold on the tickets they honored the original price. I would book tickets asap because with fuel going up again so will the tickets.

The AMHA board is meeting via phone conference at 5pm central time on saturday. I should have an update for you after that.

If Rita stays on the course she is on, she will be going east of Dallas. If lucky, Fort Worth and Dallas will get a couple of inches of rain ( we are in desperate need of more, as our lakes are 7 - 9 feet lower then average) and some wind gusts.

That is Friday mornings forecast.

Jody,

What exactly are they going to meet on? Just curious, we leave supposely next thurs gas willing!

I just hope everyone makes a safe decision.

So you know, when we went to Nationals, we had AAA check for gas avalability on the route we were taking. AAA was a great help. We knew we had to pay what they were asking for gas, but we wanted to make sure we had some to buy.

We will be getting an update on conditions because by then the storm will have done its worst and we will know if Dallas was impacted bad enough. I seriously doubt there will be a cancellation, the last I heard was the storm is going to dump a lot of rain but nothing else in Dallas. The storm has also dropped to a category 3. The meeting has to be arranged so far in advance I think it was decided to have the conference set up and board members notified with enough advance notice just in case.

I know that the facility is fully booked, and even scootching a few days is not possible as there is another show moving in the tuesday after the World show ends.

Hope to see y'all down there. We are caravanning with Libby, we leave Wednesday night and should arrive Thursday evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to worry about Dallas since the show is in Fort Worth!!! I live less than an hour west of Fort Worth and it's been sunny all day with some heavy breeze. We will not be getting any rain at all from the storm... and Dallas hasn't gotten any yet either. It's now 6:20 p.m. and it seems to have missed us completely. There will be no problem with flooding or any damage whatsoever from the storm. The World show should be able to go ahead without a hitch from the weather.

Latest posts

Back