How do you do it

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! I thought it was just me. I chase my tail all day long. I have a husband does does a lot of out the work, too. BUt the inside is a mess. I feel so over whelmed!! But people dont come over often. If they do they can accept it, leave or help clean! Dont sweat the small stuff. Life is too short. In a yr who cares if you didnt vaccum today???

HA! I use to have OCD, as Dr Phil says, as you age you just don't have the energy and you will stress and break. So I have eased up, everyone knows to call ahead if coming here, not an hour ahead BUT days!!!! Because I don't just want the house clean but the pastures, barns, horses, dogs but to heck with my self anymore. Was a day I wouldn't walk out the door without makeup and my hair fix...ha! And I put on my sign, SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT.

You know I understand your schedule, since hubby does the same as you but is gone a lot more since he travels to other states. He works to feed all of us, and as he has said many times the horses are just to make me happy..so they are my thing. He enjoys them on his own time. Since I am by myself most of the time, house wouldn't be much of a chore if I didn't have 8 dogs, 5 that are inside/outside dogs.

I spend so much time tending to the care of the horses that I cannot seem to find time to play with them either! I mean my round pen is covered in grass. I will let the poop cleaning in the pastures and paddocks go for a few days to get to spend quality time with the horses. Couple of weeks ago, I was determine to bath everyone and clip the ones that needed it and trim feet. I got my gelding done and 5 yearlings..then had to do catch up with everything else and hadn't got back to it.
default_wacko.png
It's not that I mind the horse related chores, I just want to spend more hands on time..I love bathing and clipping and training...BUT I can't stand a poopie pasture and barns HAVE to be done everyday. I am still trying to get use to the smell of donkey poo..ewe!

I love my life and just have to take a deep breath and learn to let the little things slide. I do spend a lot of time out side after dark, we have 4 out light poles and I have lights in the barns. I don't know how you do it and work a full time job..esp one like yours. Good luck...still waiting on a update on Pharoah!

Good lord! Yall run me ragged just reading your posts!! I've been feeling so guilty lately of not doing as much work around the house as I need to and then I read what all yall do. My house is a tea total mess, the grounds are bad as well. Hubby is sick and doesn't help so it's all on me and between the grandkids* Iv'e had them since friday morning til tomorrow* this place is horrid! Shotgun needs hay, ran out yesterday, can't get any one to go get me some so he has been eating his grain and just grass today. Won't hurt him for one just one day. My kids didn't leave a car seat for the baby so I cant take them with me. This getting old stuff is for the birds. I use to have so much energy and now it's hard for me to wheel my self out side at times!!

I bought a pair of walkie talkies so when I am outside and hubby is inside we can talk or if I need help real fast he can at least come see if I am ok.

ShotGun is so dirty and needs to be bathed but he will have to wait for a good bath until next week. I just ordered some new brushes so I am hoping they will help with all the dirt and dust.

My hats off to all of you that do as much as you do!!

fortunatly I am a morning person and my husband is a night owl. I get up at 6 when the church bells ring with the other farmers in town and feed, clean the stalls , and round pen work . This wakes me up in the morning, I go in the house to get ready for work to find hubby cat and dogs still sleeping.I am already at the hotel before the rest wake up . By 2 I am tired , I go home for an hour or two , get the horses in a non grass pasture by 4, and a light grass dinner then back to work. Then at 9 or so I sneak out of the hotel , give the other half of the grass dinner , kisses good night, and run back to the hotel to serve the dessert. We pretty much live at the hotel so our house stays clean. I usually hide clothes under my bed, or stuffed in my closet to give the appearence of a clean house. and if I dont have a place for things I hide in in my hay barn. Then when my hubby finds it I get the "being a good Swiss house Frau" lecture.
default_sad.png
What I dont have time for are friends, or reading ( except horse catalogs)

You should have my schedule right now....Up at 5:30, feed the dog, cats and parrot, then go to the barn and work one horse for a half hour, do the stalls and feed, then go to school from 9 to 11, pick up my work, go home and start my work, throw supper on to have it done before I head back to the barn to work another horse for a half hour and do the stalls again, come home, eat supper, go back to finish my work and then try to squeeze in some study time before I hit the bed at 11.......

somewhere in there I need to find time for dishes, running a quick vacuum over the rugs, cleaning the cat box and vacuuming the pool.....I think I need a clone, lol......
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back