How do I?? in Adobe PhotoShop

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to take a photo , that has a busy back ground and cut it out and then put it onto another background. So first thing first.

How do I cut the subject out? is there an easy way? I tried the magic tool, but that doesnt work to good.

I will figure out how to layer it on a different back ground later, just need to learn how to lift it off the original back ground.

Is there a certain word, subject, phrase, I can search in Photoshop to see how to do this?

Thanks

I don't have adobe photoshop

but with the software I use I start with the background

as my first layer

then put the photo as the new layer and erase everything I don't want to remain

on the background

Then with each thing I add I start over with a new layer

then I can move each layer where I want

I use Photoshop and I use the Quick Mask mode to "pick" a horse or object out. Then i also put each object on a new "sheet" in layers. (each object = new layer). If you put a word in there, then new layer. etc

I am not really good at explaining this
default_rolleyes.gif

When you use quck mask, what you do is erase the background so that just the object is there. When you erase the background it leaves kind of a red color to everything erased. If you get to a small area that you are trying to erase, like around a horses leg.... then just magnify the picture so it is easier to see.

It all just takes practice.

There are probably other ways to do it as photoshop is pretty extensive, but that is how i do it.

But remember, the main thing is to do it in layers.

Like i said, i am not good at explaining this...Maybe someone else that uses Photoshop will do a better job that me.

looking for quick mask mode. cant find it, where do I look?

Ok, i have photoshop 7.0.. I am not sure if all versions are the same?

If you look from the bottom of the tool things... it is the 3rd one up from the bottom. It kind of looks like 2 little camera's that are side by side.

If you put your mouse over each one, the one on the left should say "edit in standard mode" and the one on the right should say "edit in quick mask mode"

Latest posts

Back