How did your donkeys do...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbsFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]The two times a year that I really worry about my donkeys and horses getting scared are July 4th and New Years Eve.
default_unsure.png
: :new_shocked: Someone is shooting fireworks just down the road from us and everytime a really loud one goes off, Cotton brays (as best as he can...lol). It's pretty funny because it's almost like he's answering it or arguing with it or something.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just wondering if anyone had problems or scared babies from the loud noise?? Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]That's why we stay home.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Our neighbor next door has "Wild" party's
default_wacko.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And the neighbor above us shoots off the Big fireworks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Both places were pretty quiet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Mikes party next door was tamer than normal....it might have something to do with him getting married this year as well
default_wink.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just heard a few guns going off from his direction.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The donks seemed quiet all night...how funny about Cotton :lol: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He was celebraying too :aktion033: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]WE DON'T HAVE ANY FIREWORKS NEAR US SO NO PROBLEMS HERE. ONE YEAR WE HAD PEOPLE ON SNOWMACHINES COME OFF THE RIVER AND GO BETWEEN OUR HOUSE AND BARN :new_2gunsfiring_v1: . THEY WENT RIGHT NEXT TO FENCE AND THEY CAME FROM WHERE THE HORSES DIDN'T SEE THEM COMING AND THE RAN THROUGH THE FENCE. ONE GOT A CUT ON HER LEG BUT THAT WAS IT THANK GOODNESS...JERKS! O.K. I GOT OFF TOPIC FOR A MINUTE THERE
default_wacko.png
: . NIKKI
[/SIZE]

we live in a flight path for the local air force base training, so with the jets going overhead day in and day out, usually fairly low and of course when they are training they make a lot of extra noise (in fact we can tell when a new group starts by the sound of the planes LOL) - not much seems to bother our critters! the gunshots bother me most because you never know where the idiot is aiming!! there was a teen killed in town a few years back, someone shot into the air, she was outside and the bullet just happened to come down and hit the top of her head!

Latest posts

Back