How did the Little Kings sale go???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sale went good. The prices were pretty low for the quality. It was a good time though. I got to see Tami again which was lots of fun. I even bought a colt which I had no intention on doing through the silent auction. Didnt think I would get him. Now I have to go back tomorrow and pick him up....

I was there - there were some very nice horses that people got really good deals on.

I really had mixed feelings today. On the one hand, everyone at the sale had an opportunity to get top quality horses at "bargain basement" prices, so it was good for the "little guy" buyer like me. On the other hand, it is heart breaking to see these top quality horses going for so little and having horses at home that I'm hoping to sell and wondering if they ever will unless I give them away. There were several in the sale that I would have loved to have, had I had the room for them at home. I ended up with a 3 year old pinto mare confirmed in foal for 2009 to Little Kings Little Buckeroo (aka Junior), her first foal. She is a Buckeroo granddaughter top and bottom, as well as a Buckeroo great granddaughter X2 on her dam's side. She is really pretty and I paid what I consider a steal for her. Shhhhhh.......don't tell anyone.

Here are most of the prices, for the open auction horses. Horses listed as "in foal" have been ultra-sound confirmed

1. 1200 weanling silver bay filly

2. 200 palomino weanling colt

3. 1500 weanling bay filly

4. 350 weanling bay colt

5. 400 yearling sorrel pinto filly

6. 450 weanling buckskin colt

7. 400 No sale, 2 yr old pinto mare, in foal to LK psyched up buck, AMHR only

8. 100 weanling sorrel pinto colt

9. 700 weanling buckskin colt

10. 1000 weanling sorrel pinto filly

11. 600 2 yr sorrel mare in foal to LK Buck Echo

12. 750 weanling palomino colt

13. 250 1994 black pinto stallion - Brewers Major Contributer by Brewers Orion Major

14. 550 tiny weanling sorrel pinto colt

15. 100 weanling palomino pinto colt by Little Kings Little Buckeroo (Junior)

16. 250 weanling sorrel filly

17. 500 3 yr pinto mare in foal to Meltons Step Aside Robinhood

18. 500 2 yr perlino filly

19. 900 weanling silver pinto filly

20 scratched colt

21. 650 weanling red roan pinto filly

22. 650 3 yr black pinto mare in foal to LK Supreme Dream for 09

23. 800 1993 sorrel pinto mare in foal to LK Buckeroo Cash in hand for 09

24. 500 3 yr old sorrel pinto mare in foal to Junior for 09

25. 550 weanling buckskin colt

26. 1300 9 yr old bay pinto mare in foal to LK White Russian for 09

27. 150 weanling sorrel colt N/S

28. 4000 7 yr old Black stallion, SON of Buckeroo, proven, A/R registered

29. 600 weanling bay pinto filly

30. 800 5 yr old buckskin mare, Double Destiny daughter

31. 100 sorrel weanling colt

32. 500 yearling palomino colt BTU son

33. 500 yearling cremello colt (I should have bought this one. He was NICE! IMO)

34. 500 weanling buckskin colt

35. 600 2 yr old red roan pinto gelding, show qual, show shape, show history

36. no bid sorrel weanling colt

37. 1550 2 yr black filly went to TX

38. 450 weanling silver dapple filly

39. 850 yearling palomino filly

40. 100 weanling palomino pinto colt

41. 400 5 yr silver bay mare in foal to LK BT Buckin the Odds for 09

42. 1100 9 yr sorrel pinto mare in foal to Echo for 09

43. 100 weanling bay pinto colt, AMHR

44. 800 yearling black pinto filly

45. LM Blue Dahlea - not sure of high bid. Was somewhere around 1600. Robin said "no sale" but she might have been kidding.

Did not watch the shetlands sell

The silent auction horses went from between 100 and 700.

SA9. was Little Kings Blazin N Kissin, sorrel weanling filly. She was the TINIEST little thing! She went for 700 which was the highest silent auction price.

If any of the above is incorrect, feel free to post the correct info, but I think most of it should be correct.

default_yes.gif
Yes there were some very good buys
default_aktion033.gif
I bought a double reg. ASPC/AMHR Mare , her name is Kitty , I had shown her filly last year and my friend Erica owns her now.. !! So can't wait to get this mare home and into our breeding program..
default_yes.gif
THanks a million Robin & Marianne !!! Even if I could not be there , I still had fun.. <<<LOL>>
default_wub.png

I even bought a colt which I had no intention on doing through the silent auction
I cannot wait to see your new colt!!!
default_yes.gif

I always wish I could go to those things, but I seem to be more and more a "hermit"...I like just staying home.
default_rolleyes.gif

I even bought a colt which I had no intention on doing through the silent auction
I cannot wait to see your new colt!!!
default_yes.gif

I always wish I could go to those things, but I seem to be more and more a "hermit"...I like just staying home.
default_rolleyes.gif

Cyndi - I sure thought of you when that gorgeous black pinto Orion bred stallion went for only $250. I know how much you love the Orion horses.

Laura

I wanted to go but this thing called work got in the way.

Laura, thanks for the prices,,,,,,,,maybe good thing I wasn't there.

Was the original Lot 36 scratched? On their page was a black pinto weeanling filly.

36. LITTLE KINGS EXCLUSIVELY YOURS SMHCS Exclusive X Little Kings Nite Lite Buckeroo Black Pinto Filly – Foaled 4/10/08 AMHR Application

I don't see a price for her anywhere?

Yes Cyndi,

I bought a buttermilk buckskin son of Lk Buckeroo Buccarra. Not really sure what I am gonna with him. Might geld and break to drive when older. He is a yearling . I got him for $150.00
default_new_shocked.gif
I couldnt beleive it. The market is so bad right now. Even big farms are feeling the pinch I think. I do apprecaite the sale that was put on by Little King. I am sure they put alot of hard work into it and also letting thier horses go for little of nothing probably broke thier hearts. I had high bid on Lot 7. She was nice but i figured they would no sale her at that price., I woulda been really shocked if they hadnt. But of course a part of me wished they would let her go.
default_wub.png
She woulda crossed nicely on Rockstar when he was older... Oh and I really loved that cremello colt too Laura... if only money grew on trees..Oh and there was to die for gorgeous palomino filly....
default_wub.png
saw too many I wanted and no cash..

Cyndi - I sure thought of you when that gorgeous black pinto Orion bred stallion went for only $250. I know how much you love the Orion horses.Laura
OK..I am absolutely blown away!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Do you know who bought him??? Email me privately if anyone knows......

Was the original Lot 36 scratched? On their page was a black pinto weeanling filly.
36. LITTLE KINGS EXCLUSIVELY YOURS SMHCS Exclusive X Little Kings Nite Lite Buckeroo Black Pinto Filly – Foaled 4/10/08 AMHR Application

I don't see a price for her anywhere?

Well, I don't know for sure. In the catalog handed out at the sale Lot #36 was as follows:

VERMILIYEA FARMS STRIKE THIS

Vermilyea Farm Analyze This X RSB Simply Striking

Sorrel Colt - Foaled 2/11/08

AMHA Registered

He was a nice colt. Not too tall. Nicely built. But, he was sorrel. And he was not Buckeroo bred. And nobody would even bid $100 on him. Hard to believe. Sire is by Bond Atoy4You C and out of a Rowdy bred mare.

Well, my sister and I came home with two fillies from the Silent Auction.

SA3 Little Kings Cash... Sorrel Pinto Filly 04/07/08

and

SA8 Fergies Frosted Shadow Dancer Black mare/blaze/blue eyes 04/23/06

We didn't bring the trailer since we dropped my niece off at the airport on the way there so

we will be going back tomorrow to pick them up. It was definitely a buyer's market which is bittersweet.

Freida

Silver Ridge Minis

Cyndi - I sure thought of you when that gorgeous black pinto Orion bred stallion went for only $250. I know how much you love the Orion horses.Laura
OK..I am absolutely blown away!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Do you know who bought him??? Email me privately if anyone knows......

It was bidder #87 is all I know. There were many people there I'd never seen before. They sure got a good deal I can tell you that. That stallion was gorgeous and I can only imagine if he'd gone thru a sale 10 years ago he sure would have brought MUCH MUCH more than that. How things change.

Well, my sister and I came home with two fillies from the Silent Auction.
SA3 Little Kings Cash... Sorrel Pinto Filly 04/07/08

and

SA8 Fergies Frosted Shadow Dancer Black mare/blaze/blue eyes 04/23/06

We didn't bring the trailer since we dropped my niece off at the airport on the way there so

we will be going back tomorrow to pick them up. It was definitely a buyer's market which is bittersweet.

Freida

Silver Ridge Minis

Freida - I LOVE the sorrel pinto filly. She is GORGEOUS!!!! Such a tiny refined head and big expressive eyes! Had she been a tad bit tinier, I might have given you a run for your money on her. Her dam, Alamos Sirs Toffee Snow was being offered in the Private Treaty horses. She, too is gorgeous, but a little bit too big for my taste. Of course, they are daughter and granddaughter to Cross Country Call Me Sir, one of the most gorgous and best producing stallions in AMHA history (IMO). I hope you give your new little filly lots of love and she gives you years of enjoyment.

Wow, even in this economy, I would never have expected those prices...yikes
default_sad.png
I wish I had been there to BUY!

Thank you BluePrintMinis! I didn't even realize her dam was in the private treaty horses. I have always loved Cross Country Call Me Sir. I am on cloud nine tonite!

I can't wait to get both the fillies home tomorrow. Both fillies will have a loving home. They will probably be a little spoilt.

Thank you MaryAnn and Robin, and all involved with the auction today!

Freida

Silver Ridge Minis

I bought lot 6, a dark buckskin Buckeroo grandson and 44 a black pinto yearling Grosshill EK Undisputed Creation daughter
default_wub.png

Those prices are scary low! Congrats to those of you who were able to take advantage of them. Now of course you know we all expect pictures soon.
default_smile.png

Freida - I LOVE the sorrel pinto filly. She is GORGEOUS!!!! Such a tiny refined head and big expressive eyes! Had she been a tad bit tinier, I might have given you a run for your money on her. Her dam, Alamos Sirs Toffee Snow was being offered in the Private Treaty horses. She, too is gorgeous, but a little bit too big for my taste. Of course, they are daughter and granddaughter to Cross Country Call Me Sir, one of the most gorgous and best producing stallions in AMHA history (IMO). I hope you give your new little filly lots of love and she gives you years of enjoyment.
Hi Everyone! Just got back. I was there with my friend, Barbara, and we bought five horses!
default_new_shocked.gif
We intended to buy ZERO but with the prices we just couldn't sit on our hands! We bought the private treaty Call Me Sir daughter. Don't ask me why, she's gorgeous but WAY taller than I usually like, but she just called to me. She is in foal to the Buckeroo son, Junior. We also purchased the Buckerson son. Can't believe it, but we did. Got three other horses also. The people were gracious, the place was gorgeous and we had fun!

Latest posts

Back