Horses didn't want

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anita

Reaction score
its a big shelter 30"of 100". Not one horse went in, 12 mares, a stallion and 4 foals. First thought was the hay isn't good, changed the hay. Nope, no one in. I put the hay feeder out they might prefer to eat

under the sky. Yes they ate the hay outside. Still no one went in the shelter except me.

Couple of days later I took the 4 wheeler to clean, a large snapper ( turtle) walks out the shelter.

First view I didn't trust my own eyes what I saw. Turtle went on her tail in position to attack.

We removed the animal and all is fine horses go back in their shelter. And I am more than happy nothing did happen.

Anita

:new_shocked: Now in OUR area it would have been a Rattler........would never have considered a snapping turtle!

Your kids are probably thinking, "Geez mom, took you long enough to figure that out!"
default_rolleyes.gif
:

MA

Those horses are smart! They often know a lot more than we give them credit for! So glad all was OK! :aktion033:

Sorry but the first thing I thought of was did you make soup out of it. When I was young my older brothers would go down to the creek and catch a big one or two, lug them home and mom would butcher them. Yes I know, redneck. Chislic was great, so was the soup, mom also made ?craklen?, which was not a heart healthy snack but we loved it.

Years later after hearing me go on and on about how good the turtle was growing up my husband brought me home one that was crawling across the highway. (Yes I married a man that would catch a snapping turtle on a busy highway for his wife. Does that make him sweet or stupid? ) However I peered into the back of the pickup looking very dubious at this thing and informed him I thanks but no thanks. I have a feeling taking over the duties of butcher and chef would wipe away all fond memories I had. :bgrin

Yes, I know turtle soup. Where I come from its served in Gourmet Restaurants as deli.

Its called Schildkroetensuppe what a long word.

Anita

Latest posts

Back