Horses and their instincts or amazing behavior

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my two stories:

The first one happened when my filly Lacey was born this year. It was a long birth and when Lacey came out, all 10 horses in my barn whinneyed. One by one they ALL whinneyed. It was so amazing my aunt and I started crying.

The next story still brings a tear to my eye. It happened when we boarded our horses at a friends house. We were away at a show that weekend when our friends called our motel at 6:00am. Their barn had burnt that morning. They lost 4 horses, a llama, and a dog. We got to the show to load our horses up and head straight home. I went into my geldings stall balling my eyes out. I told him what happened, he bit my cheek (which he never bites), and then a tear came out of his eye. After that I just hugged him for awhile as we both cried. To make matters worse, it was my birthday. I hadn't even realized it until my friend's mom stopped me and told me that she knew it didn't really matter to me at that time but she wanted to wish me a happy birthday.

To make a long story short, we had an old Fox Trotter gelding (show horse) in the pasture with all of our mini mares when one day our mini stallion somehow got out into the pasture. When our attention was caught here was this huge Fox Trotter standing in the middle of a circle of mini mares. There were about 20 mares circled around him keeping the mini stallion out.
new_shocked.gif
Scared us to death at the time but after the stallion was caught we had wished we had a video camera in hand. The stallion would try to get to the gelding and mares would start kicking and you could tell they meant business. It was sooo cute see these little mares protecting this monster of a horse (compared to them)!
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back