Horsemans edge pellets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
Has anyone tried horsemans edge pellets for their mature show horses?

I've tried just about every feed you can imagine, and haven't hit the nail completely on the head. Someone in my area mentioned that horsemans edge makes a 14% pellet with 3% fat, and Im wondering if this might work for me. I tried a 12% protein 3% fat complete feed pellet last year and it's the closest ive come to "perfect" but I think it may have been a little low in protein for this specific horse, even though it is a mature horse. They also make a 12% protein 6% fat pellet, but that might be a little too much fat for the horse. He tends to have a crappy topline, but his neck gets fat, along with fat pads on shoulders and tail head.

I know they say horsemans edge is a low quality purina feed, how do you feel it stacks up to other feeds?

We've used it 17+ years. (Horsemans Edge 14%) Stallions, mares, bred mares, young horses, foals. All do well on it for us. We've tried other things along the way, but our horses didn't like to change or we were not happy. Not sure if this helps you, but we use it!

Latest posts

Back