Horse Transporters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted here recently, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I am wondering what the going rate for horse transport is these days, per mile? I know it will vary somewhat, but I just got a quote which seems quite high, and I'm wondering what others are paying.

Thanks.

The last quote I got a week ago was .95 per mile, needless to say my husband decided to go get the horse himself today since it would cost him half as much with the price of fuel, but he would be gone all day with the running instead of having a transporter pick the horse up. It was only 8 hours away from home here in Pa one way and he had the time off to make the trip to Michigan and he doesn't mind the drive.

That was getting two quotes from the transporters that we usually use and they were the same rate of each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
WOW...it sure has gone up since I last checked in the spring--$.65 a mile then and I thought that was high!!!

Had a mini transported back in Sept. It was $500 for over just 1000 miles with hauled right. It depends on how many other horses are booked on the trip.

For a 3 day trip from WA to MN it was under $700 from SHarrway Transport and they took great care of the filly that arrived here. Can't say enough about Wayne and Sharron.

Latest posts

Back