Horse Slaughter Bill

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how bout that ol Bush?
default_rolleyes.gif
: ( trying to covertly change the subject before we all get too bent out of shape, and Bush is SUCH a safe subject :new_shocked: )

Jane,

I have been sincerely kind to many here and do not always need to be right in order to have personal worth. I have learned a lot from those I heartily disagree with and if they present intelligent thought provoking arguements I develop a true respect for them. Yes, I've gotten after a few who I really think deserved a good verbal spanking for their disrespect of others, cruelty, and downright viciousness--get over it. I won't sit idley by and let people of that ilk trash this forum for their own twisted pleasure and not say something.

I truly feel sorry for you by your own admission you have no family or friends so this must be all you have. It won't stop me from disagreeing with you but I and many others are sick of your arrogance, having to always have the last word and attacking those who are not going to follow you like some preteen student of your days as a teacher. Other people know just as much and probably more than you so don't get the idea you are the lone voice of reason and authority here.

Heather, Bush? You do want to see a good fight don't you :bgrin

Last edited:
Okay everyone ..1 ...2 ...3 Breath!

Leeanna, you are young enough to still be naive about this. What do you think will happen to the horses if you close the slaughterhouses??
...if you seen my posts before this, you will see that i said horse slaughter is needed for now ...if there is anyway around it i think it should be taken. But for now, i beleive it HAS to stay.

There are just some flat-out rude people on this forum. There is a big difference between being helpful and being rude. RabbittFizz ..i've noticed that you have been being a bit nicer lately.

Some peopel are just so close-minded. They think that there right now matter what and ONLY they know anything, there are so many on this forum. Most of them i love to death though, but it gets so annoying after a while.

We should really stop starting these threads.

You post an opinion and it gets shot down! :no:

Leeana

Rabbit, I agree 100% with what you said about slaughter. Saying horse slaughter should be stopped completely is as insane as saying all shelters for dogs and cats in this country should be shut down or turned into "no-kill" sanctuaries. (Think about it. Horses, dogs, cats, birds, small animals: What do you all suppose will happen to all of these unwanted animals if they aren't put down? Are YOU going to contribute (SPACE, time, money, energy) their continued care? Do you really think the "general public" will give a d*mn?) It's sad, but slaughter, like kill shelters, IS a necessary evil and what needs to be changed is HOW it's done and WHY it continues. There is absolutely NO reason ANY animal (cow, pig, sheep, chicken, horse or otherwise) should be treated like garbage in it's final destination. Stop the abuse and the over-breeding, not the slaughter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shirley I am not sure where you get your ideas from???

What makes you think that, because I have no family, I have not friends- does one automatically follow the other??

I am never going to understand, I am afraid, how attacking someone on a personal level can give someone so much obvious pleasure.

Funnily enough, you seem to be the only person getting these ideas, as opposed to the ones that support me.

Well, I guess there is little point in trying to say any more on this thread as you will obviously just block it with your arrogant opinions
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Leeanna, I am no different "lately" to the way I am any other day, I do not understand your comment, although I fully understand your need to attack me when you think it is safe to do so. :no:

Well yes Jane actually you have been nicer, until the last few days, since the What can we do to fix the forum thread and Leanna's not the only one who noticed it. Maybe that thread touched a nerve for you. I certainly thought of you often during it's run. Perhaps you are totally unaware how you come off most of the time. I could dig up the post where you mentioned you had no family or friends but maybe you just said it for sympathy. I guess one shouldn't beleive anything you say now? And no I don't get pleasure from telling you off how ever badly you need it sometimes but I'm not the only one who gets annoyed with your holier than thou attitude. You take pot shots then hide behind some kind of Who me? innocent exterior. You may have some great info and experience to share but the message seems to get lost when you're on one of your jags.

And although I shouldn't speak for Leanna, she is at a crux in her life between wanting acceptance yet still wanting to voice her opinion. I doubt she feels safe at all, let alone is attacking anyone but you'll read into it what you want.

I'd be more than happy to take this dicussion off line if you wish to continue and actually have something positive to say to get past this but I won't hold my breath.

Shirley I have absolutely nothing to say to you, privately or on this thread. You have my sincerest pity, I think you must need it. It truly is a long time since I have come across anyone as deeply disturbed and unhappy as you obviously are.

I really do think you need psychiatric help.

I shall not visit this thread again, it has nothing to do with helping horses, and I am sure the thread starter has long since fled!!

i have to agree with Rabbit and the others that feel it is a nessisary evil. Honestly i'm not completely FOR slaughter for many personal reasons..but i'm also not exactly AGAINST it either. i feel it is NEEDED and very very closed minded and very big oversite to just shut down slaughter with no plans for the millions of horses that have no where else to go. people tick and moan about abuse and neglect ect but what will happen to these animals? i have EIGHT horses right now and i KNOW how expensive it is to feed and care for them. even if i didn't have 8 already and i took on 8 it would not even come close to making a dent nore would it if a huge population of horse people did it i'm afraid. there will be millions of starving uncared for unwanted animals that have no other option than to live ou their life in pain or starve to death..NOT cool and i'd ABSOLUTELY rather imagine a horse going through a few days of heck in slaughter than years of heck!! I DO ABSOLUTELY agree that what NEEDS to be changed is not slaughter but how it's done. It should all be preformed HUMANELY and animals should not be starved or dehydrated for days in pens while waiting for slaughter. they should not be beaten into trailers and so smushed that they are allowed to be trampled ect. there needs to be LAWS that say what is acceptable and what is not and there should be heavy fines to enforce it untill the slaughter industr takes them seriously. I don't feel this should ONLY be made for horse but every type of livestock headed for slaughter

I was told that they wont even allow you to ship them into canada right now. One of our largest local horse dealers (buys, sells, trades, and ships horses) is no longer taking in horses for the shipping pens as they are not able to get them into canada, or so that was what they are telling people. Makes me cringe, living here in Maine and seeing how BRUTAL the winters are and these horses that aren't being shipped anymore..what is happening to them?? makes me so sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back