Horse Market

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Feathers

Reaction score
Do you think the market for good minis will improve or stay in the toilet? Last year I stole($1000) a Buckeroo/Sids Rebel grandson. I am hoping to find more amazing horses cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not here in Michigan unless there are buyers from out of state for quality miniatures. Otherwise "pets" sell like crazy for around $500 or less.

I can fortunly say that I have a buyer for my unborn foal and got a pretty decient price for it. No moneys exchanged since it is'nt born yet BUT for sure sold! Now all I have to do is hope for a happy, healthy, sucessful delivery and have my fingers crossed for a filly!
default_wub.png

sire: HFM Rio Bravo

dam: Westwinds Bay Lady of BuckOff

I suppose it depends on your definition of "good minis" as quality really has continued to improve... what was "good" ten years ago is not necessarily winning at Nationals!

I see plenty of horses and minis still selling for quite a good chunk of change... and still some deals to be had.

I think overall the horse market is picking up just a touch... a couple of vets I have talked to say that they have definitely seen an increase in pre-purchase examinations, which means people are seriously looking again!

Andrea

I believe everything swings like a pendulum -- the economy included.

So, as the economy improves, people will begin to look at spending their money differently.

I cant say for certain, it may just be a coincidence, (Knock on Wood) but, since December, It has seemed to pick up for me with inqueries and sales... already sold 3 this year so far and may have a foal sold that isnt even born yet... The mare is at 333 days today, so we are praying for a healthy baby.....

Latest posts

Back