Horse got out last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
Dear "old" Dusty got out last night. He is the one who knows how to push open doors if it isn't properly latched. My fault, I forgot to double check the doors. He made a mess of the barn. Chairs were in the middle of the aisle, my groom boxes and show box were thrown across, he finished off a bag of pretzels, he ruined the hay bale, he knocked over the flax seed bin (boy is that fun picking up), he took the tops off of the two grain barrels. Im pretty sure he ate some (Thankfully he didn't knock them over) so I didn't give him any breakfast just to be safe. I know he probably ran out into our yard, but I found him in our extra stall.

No signs of colic, no signs of founder. Im keeping him in for the day to be safe, however

Last edited by a moderator:
That little booger! Tell him to behave himself before he gets into trouble.
biggrin.gif

yes.gif
yes.gif
About two years ago, while I was boarding the Jag Man he got out and actually sprung a stable mate, a big horse, Dakota, and together the two of them had a "baler" as I came to call it. Somehow he lifted his stall door off the hinges and then the two of them tore apart a bale of hay and strew it all over the aisleway and just in case the other horses at the barn might have wanted to join them, they decided to move their halters and lead ropes around so as to make it easier for all to join them. Luckily the feed was in a separate room and so that was safe. The minis are truly escape artists. They moved his driving cart and the manure picks, I guess they thought they could clean up part of the mess that they made, LOL. Luckily he and the big horse were buddies, I hate to think what might have happened if they weren't. But that happened later that year, and the mare was not as nice as the gelding was. But that is a story for another time.

Luckily nothing horrible happened to your guy.

Latest posts

Back