Hoosier Breeders Classic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuffyLynn

Reaction score
default_unsure.png
wow some good deals out there .... low prices

The folks at Double Diamond worked really hard, the auctioneer did a great job, but the prices were pretty dismal.

Buck on Fyre was $3,500. Lots of really nice mares and fillies less than $500. Several really nice colts went for $100. If I had a pot load of money I would have filled my trailer!

I honestly don't think it was a very smart move to have a sale a week before Nationals. It's a shame prices were so low.

I was hoping to go. Thank goodness I didn't or I would have had to extend my pasture. Several mares I wanted went for under $600.

Anyone know who bought lot# 58 and 60?

I honestly don't think it was a very smart move to have a sale a week before Nationals. It's a shame prices were so low.
I know, I cannot agree with you more. I honestly think auctions screw up the market completely, and good quality horses are not being offered on what they should be offered for... But yet, that is another completely different subject....

If I remember correctly, a number of the cheaper mares were AMHA-only horses that had outgrown their papers. I know some of the nicest horses are going overseas (including Buck on Fyre). I also wonder who got Nile Queen--she was stunning! Prices are always lower this time of year--it's pretty much past both the breeding and showing seasons, so all you're going to do for the next few months is feed them. I was set up to bid but was not impressed by the horse we'd been looking at, plus there are some exceptional horses consigned to the November sale. Congratulations to everyone that got deals at this sale!

default_saludando.gif
Does any one know where the Bear Branch Mares went too?

If it was'nt for the shipping I would have loved either of those.

default_wub.png
... and 1/2 dozen more to boot!
default_biggrin.png

I contacted DD last week and also a breeder of some of the ones for sale.

I wanted to know about transport and costs to Ks. Never got a price....

The breeder never replied to my email inquiring about 2 of the ones I wanted to bid on.....

This isnt the 1st time I've contacted DD about wanting to phone bid.......w/o response.

I am not going to phone bid on anything until I know what condition the horses are in.

Saved me money this weekend I guess. There were some nice horses there.

Yes, that's right on Fyre. I had him mixed up. He's going to Germany.

I hate it when people don't respond to e-mails about horses for sale. Their loss I guess!

The folks at DD were going about 200 mph at any given time. They do a great job, and almost everybody working had a phone to their ear all the time.

If anyone here was the lucky winner for Bear Branch Painted Kiowa.... I'm jealous! I wantd her so bad, but hubby will NOT let me buy another right now, nor can I afford to right now. I own her dam and a daughter of her. I would LOVE to have her someday, so if you are reading this and ever decide to sell her (but not too soon lol) please let me know!

I had a tough time sitting on my hands! I live in California and to ship is expensive as you all know. However I could not resist Lot #35 French Broads Lady In Red. She was a "no reserve" and sold in foal for $600. She was measured at 32" and was a/r reg., so she was not one of the amha mare's that went oversize that sold. I have called DD & Jana of DD as well as emailed to make sure they were taking care of her and to make shipping plans as supposedly Jana was taking a load of horses to Texas and I could probably get a transporter easier from there or have her catch a ride from nationals. No one has returned my calls or email
default_sad.png

The mare is a 97 model and claims she has had multiple foals on their web site. So I am hoping I am not getting a problem. She was listed on the Cherryville web site for $7500!?!?!? I hope I just got lucky, LOL.

We are new to the mini world and in a matter of a couple weeks have accumulated 5 minis. I was warned they were like potato chips.... ;) I have 35 years of horse ownership behind me and in all those years have never owned a min. My 10 yr old daughter gave us the push as she wants to do them as he 4-H project as well as show in AMHA shows. Thats all it took for me to jump in with both feet. In fact I am thinking of selling most of my reining horses and doing the minis more. The minis have cast their spell.....
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations Sandy! Your mare looked lovely! And I don't think you have to worry about getting a "problem." The studbook shows that your new mare has had at least six foals, including one in 2008. Definitely a deal. Enjoy your new foal next year!

Oh ya, if anyone can recommend a good mini shipper that does not charge an arm & a leg and transports to California please pass the info. Thanks!

If anyone here was the lucky winner for Bear Branch Painted Kiowa.... I'm jealous! I wantd her so bad, but hubby will NOT let me buy another right now, nor can I afford to right now. I own her dam and a daughter of her. I would LOVE to have her someday, so if you are reading this and ever decide to sell her (but not too soon lol) please let me know!

We would have loved her too!, my friend has three Bear branch, I keep treatening to put at least one of them in my boot!
default_wink.png

Sandy,

you got a heck of a mare for nearly no money, but when we consigned the horses Jana ask us to commit to no reserves. Which we did. The mare you bought has had several very good foals for us and should do well for you, bred to the stallion she is bred to especially.
default_yes.gif

We just got home last night and found two of our grandchildren have swine flu, so as soon as Cindy has all that under control she will email you the information you ask for on the mare.
default_wacko.png

All in all the sale was a little slow, but there were some nice horses to be had for nearly no money. We ended up buying a ton of tack, a bio scan machine, a durn tractor and even a mare & filly. All of our horses sold with the exception of La Vista Farms Roses First, our tiny little red & white reserve world champion stallion. He actually sold, but then the ladies credit card would not go thru, so we brought him home. LOL
default_biggrin.png

It was a long way up there, (1185) we really enjoyed meeting some nice people from another part of the country though.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back