Hoof Polish...Favorite Brand? Any secrets?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'sMinis

Reaction score
I have always used Absorbine hoof polish in the past. Was going to be sending in an order soon and was wondering if anyone has tried the Ultra brand. As many of you know during the summer months, when there is humidity hoof polish takes forever to try and is sticky, tacky. Does the Ultra hoof polish do the same?

Thanks

Gina

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the Ultra brand better, it is not sticky and is stays shinier longer. I like to sand the hoof with the foam sanding blocks, use 1 or 2 coasts if the ultra polish and then spray with the Ultra hoof spray.

Amanda

I personally like the Ultra Brand. My second choice would defintelly be the Absorbine. No other polish can compare to these 2.

I also use the Ultra, but I have also found that the ethnic olive oil hair sheen I use (instead of show sheen) sprayed on the hoof gives them an amazing shine!

I use almost 100% Ultra products when grooming my horses for show and pre show. Nothing really compares to the Ultra hoof polish, or the enhancer. The Enhancer can take a while to dry, but it does really help.

I use human fingernail scrubbers (click on the word for a picture) to clean my horses hooves after they have had a bath and their feet are wet. It really gets the gunk off and is very easy to use!! By far the best for the job, I find that it is better than sandpaper

Start with a very smooth, sanded hoof. If its not sanded smooth it won't be as shiny.

I do like absorbine brand, with the ultra brand hoof polish enhancer on top.

Back