Hoof Length

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0916111912311.jpg
I can't get the other side pic to post.

default_saludando.gif
Thank you Diane. yes she does still have a little roll to the outside and he is working on that one. They were both rolled pretty bad. He told me that it is a little offset. He may be able to get it straighened up. Thank the good lord that I now have a farrier that is knowledgable and willing to work with me. He was so honest and open with what was going on. I feel really good about April's future now. After having to walk on that bad trim she is now getting used to walking on her new trim. That's were we're at now. We will know more in a few days.

I have three little chips and
default_wub.png
love them so much. They are my sane in these insane times. There is so much chaos going on. There is a lot of uncertainty in various aspects of my life right now. All I have to do is go to the barn and it all disappears. They are number one. Though I would love to hide in the barn, I'm not going to do that, but when I need a break they are always there to give me unconditional love. They each deserve the very best of care and that is what they will get.

The farrier and his assistants even commented on how well April was about doing feet. They were amazed that my 3yr old grandson was leading her around and stood quietly for them to do their work on her feet. Each of my little chips get plenty on love and handling each day.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Well done to you and your new farrier. What a difference!

I'm sure that with some steady, regular work from now on, April will soon be completly set up. Please give that farrier our thanks - isn't it great when you actually manage to find someone you can trust to help you!

Good luck, please keep us informed on April's progress - your chips are very lucky to have you as their Mum.
default_yes.gif

That is such wonderful news! Our Lily was rolled to the outside with 9 and 10 inch long hooves, she is very dainty. Now one in front is almost completely straight and the other is getting balanced in that direction, almost normal. It never will be completely straight, but you have to really look. She has always been sound, and boy can she run! Our's is a gradual process because also the joints and coffin bone have to re-adjust. I wish I had taken the *before* pictures to show how horribly neglected she was. Poor baby.

Can't wait to see the progress in pictures. We all learn from this, so thank you so much!

Thank you all for your encouagement and ideas to help. The support I received from each of you means a lot. I will keep everyone posted on April's progress

Back