Honestly....really?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
We've had so much bad happen lately. Hubby sick. Having to move. Trying to sell. The list just goes on and on. I tried to use my riding mower again and don't you know, the wheel fell off....again. I called and hired someone to mow everything except the pastures, once a week. Easily worth the $120 he's going to charge. So here I think I've gotten rid of some stress, right?

Today was my annual mammo. Don't you know he found lots of calcifications (now, two years ago that turned out to be breast cancer). I'm scheduled for an MRI on that breast next Friday. We'll go from there.

I'm trying to sell, to move 5 hours away, and now I've got to schedule breast cancer treatments in there, also? Honestly, I don't think emotionally I can take much more.

Just when I thought things were getting better, this has to happen. sigh. I'll have the MRI here and if it turns out to be my cancer returning, it will have to wait until after we move. Once we're settled I can find a surgeon/breast center in Lexington and get treatment there. A couple of months isn't going to make any difference in the long run.

I'm just so.....done with all this stress and bad stuff happening. Won't we ever get a break?

I wish I was half as strong as you are. I know you probably don't see it at the moment with everything that is going on, but good things are coming your way Dixie_Belle.

Sending you a big Hug from the other side of the world and hoping it embraces you with my best possible wishes.

take care
default_smile.png

I wish there were something I could do to help you {{{{Hugs}}}}

Hugs and prayers to you. You have got to be one of the strongest women I know. I hope everything turns out fine for both you and your husband.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Well, I had to reschedule my MRI. Seems like my insurance company will not pay for an MRI, regardless of what is ordered by my radiologist. What they want is to have a follow up mammogram in six months. Now, they won't pay for that either. They only cover mammograms once every two years.

So I have some options:

1) Have the MRI anyway and pay for it out of my pocket.

2) Wait the six months and have a follow up mammogram and pay for it out of my pocket.

3) Wait two years until my insurance company will cover a mammogram and have one at that time.

4) Do nothing and die.

I spent all morning yesterday pleading my case with the insurance company, all to no avail. Sigh.

Then I spent all afternoon curled up on the sofa in the fetal position, crying.

I actually don't like any of my options, but that is how things stand as of right now. I think it is horrible that some clerk in an insurance office can dictate what care I receive.

I'm going to write a book entitled: "Murder by Insurance"

Situations like yours make me so darn mad........ Is there any way to explain this to your doctor(s)? Maybe you could arrange payments?

Sending you Light and Prayer.

Is there any way that someone from your Doctor's business office can call your insurance carrier? It sounds like your Doctor feels this test is needed at this time, so don't give up, keep at them until you get someone higher on the food chain than the clerk you talked to. Insist on it.

Latest posts

Back