Home from Worlds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
Sigh, two top tens, Amateur Level 2 Country Pleasure driving and AOTE pleasure driving, then the gate in all his open classes. Here is a picture of him in an open class. Out of 12 horses, they pulled 9 for the cut, but not him. What are we missing?!! Horses that were strung out, broke into a canter, hmmm, went like open horses, or piddlel paddled made the cut. Oh well, that's show biz. Portia Sue had him first in her ammy cut and final....... Very valued opinion to us as well.

I have to say tho, people we respect a lot came up and asked about him, Kay Marschell even told Judy she wants to buy him!!!! :new_shocked:

this is SF Mahogany Bay at worlds:
MapleWorld.jpg

Jody,

I loved your horse and in my opinion he was a standout. I don't think the judges were very comfortable judging the country classes - they seemed better about the Open, but even then there were a lot of nice horses that walked and several that placed that were cantering, jumping around, etc.

I strongly feel that we need to work on educating our judges a lot more on driving horses -- I do understand that there will still be preferences, but to place a horse that was completely off the bit, leaping in the air, etc over a solid go is really wrong - we have watched it for years, but it is up to us to ask the AMHA to mentor the driving judges better - see ya at the next convention, maybe we can come up with something there.

Your boy is a truly beautiful animal, and I am not surprised that you are getting offers, if my hubby hadn't threatened divorce if I bought another stallion I would be talking to you about him also!

Stac

Jody,

I believe you mean to say two Top 5's, not just top tens! Monty is very proud of his papa! And he should be. I think Monty is gonna have some big hooves to fill but it will be fun doing so!

Congrats on your placings! :aktion033:

Sheryl

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats!!! :aktion033: Ive been waiting and waiting to see how you did. Im so happy for you! It is tough about open but like you said that is show business darn it

Congrats on the placings in Am, he makes a beautiful picture on the rail. Always good seeing you there,

Jan

I do better in the Ammy classes, too, against some of the same horses. Go figure. I don't have either of mine driving, yet, though. Your guy is gorgeous, and from what I can see in the picture, has nice reach. Congrats on your Ammy placings!

Latest posts

Back