Home from Nationals!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am finally home from nationals!

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

I arrived there Wednesday after flying down, mom drove the horses down, and it was downpouring. I immediately had a lot of stuff to do. I had to finish getting the stalls ready, check in, go to youth judging, quiz bowls, the luau, and get my horses measured. I was at the barn every morning until late at night.

My first day of classes were the obstacle classes. My mare isn't very good at obstacle and I wasn't expecting much. It was a tough course! One of the obstacles you had to ground tie your horse on a map and sit about ten + feet away at a desk. There were many loose horses. Chantilly didn't want to stand on the map at first, but when she did she stood still for me. I was proud! We didn't place but I was thrilled I finished the course. I did place under two judges.

P1010078.jpg

P1010080-1.jpg

Waiting for obstacle.

P1010082.jpg

P1010084.jpg

Then was obstacle driving! The course was similar and Chantilly took it like a pro! I had trouble pivoting in the hula hoop, however, because it was so small! But I did my best with her and we placed 8th. This was my first time EVER doing obstacle driving!

Then the next day was Zeus's halter class. There were only six because junior geldings aren't very popular. He was being a brat and doing that saddlebred-rocking-horse stretch a lot, but he placed Reserve Champion!!! I am thrilled!

P1010089-1.jpg

Preparing for his class

P1010092.jpg

P1010093.jpg

P1010094.jpg

P1010097.jpg

P1010098.jpg

P1010099.jpg

P1010100.jpg

We watched some costume...

P1010101.jpg

P1010102.jpg

Then it was time for showmanship :new_shocked:

I practiced with Chantilly and her pivoting quite a bit before her class, and she did it perfectly for me most of the time!

When we were in the class she did mis-step a couple times during the 360, but we got 6th!!! That is a HUGE deal to me!

P1010106.jpg

P1010108.jpg

P1010109.jpg

The following day was halter. Chantilly got 10th out of 10. She is short for an over mare, so I was expecting it. She showed well for me though.

P1010111.jpg

P1010112.jpg

P1010113.jpg

Driving was that night and IT WAS SCARY. Chantilly was tired so she was pokey, and some people do not know how to drive safely in the ring. Many times I was passed VERY closely by competitors, and I was sure there was going to be an accident. We didn't place but that was okay!

And finally on Sunday was the youth ceremony. My team got high point and we got these very nice coolers with our names on them.

We have been driving since Sunday afternoon. We got home around 11 today =)

Its good to be home.

I can't wait for nationals next year! Hopefully we will be bringing more horses!!!!!

COngrats you should be very very proud of yourself! you had a great show!!!!

Congratulations!! Sounds like you had alot of fun!! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations! Good job, looks like your hard work paid off.

THank you for posting all the pictures, I LOVE posts like that!!! Really enjoyed them.

Andrea

Good job :aktion033: :aktion033: And thank you so much for sharing your pictures. Mary

Congratulations Jess!!!! I loved the photos too.

Mary

P.S. Princess is driving now!!!

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Good for you Jess! I am proud of you and the little ones. bet they got a few extra carrots!

Hugs

Bonnie

Thanks everyone!

They are cozy in their stalls now.

I also got a round pen!!!!! (I am so excited, like a kid at Christmas!) I am calling it the Butt-Buster 500. Keeping the horses in shape next season is going to be a breeze!

Mary,

WOOHOO! AWESOME! I am training Zeus to drive this fall.

I might show some AMHA shows next year, so if I do I will see you there!!!

:aktion033: Congrats!!! LOL love your roundpen comment and you're absolutely RIGHT!

Sounds like you had alot of fun...........Congratulations on your achievements. :aktion033:

Beautiful horses
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations, Jess!!!!

Your pictures are great! Your horses and you look great in the ring
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats on your placings!! You did a wonderful job and should be very proud!! :aktion033: Thanks for sharing all your pics...you and your horses look great!! :bgrin

:aktion033: Congrats Jess! I WISH I could have been there to met you!! Zues looks great BTW!! :bgrin
default_wub.png
: Rev. Nat. Champ.. Wow!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

This is what it's all about folks.

Jess, you've got class, you've got style, (and great clothes too :bgrin ) and you are a model example of great sportsmanship.

Congratulations young lady for a job very well done.
default_firstprize.gif
:
default_firstprize.gif
:
default_firstprize.gif
:

:aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations Jess :aktion033: :aktion033: The photos are awesome and wow Reserve Champion at Nationals, you should be proud of you and your horses. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back