Home From Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
Well I did it. Made it through 9 days of Nationals on 75 bucks. Now, I wonder what may doctor bill is going to be as I am sick as a dog. No wonder our horses get sick at shows. But it was worth it. Nine days and I only left the facility a couple times.

Thank you to everyone for showing me your horses, especially Erica, Eddie and Gettia. Gettia I thought I died and went to heaven.

Oh no!!! Hope you recover and feel better soon? Isnt it always fun and exhausting?!

Oh, Thanks I will be fine and I can't blame my cold on the stall smells completely. Lack of sleep and too much fun, maybe had something to do with it. I think we should have a clothes pin guy that come around and pins a note on stinky stalls though.

All in all one of the best, but then I say that every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry you are not feeling well. Nationals can take alot out of both horse and owner alike. It is like being in Vegas you seem to lose all sense of day and time and if you ate or didnt eat or when and if you slept.
default_laugh.png
I hope you feel better soon

Yeah know it is kind of hilarious, we feed our horses probiotics, ulcer preventatives and vaccinate them for everything but forget ourselves!! As some of my friends will agree a yogurt a day keeps the doctor away!! Cheap, tasty and really does help!

Get better soon and don't forget the yogurt next year!!

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather Renee!

Sorry your not feeling well! Get some rest

Getitia is so fun to talk horses with and has some really amazing animals.

Renee- really sorry to hear you are sick. Nationals is a great time, but we all get more exercise, don't eat right and less sleep. The weather there was quite a change for us up here as well. I really hope you feel better soon. Sorry we didn't get to visit more down there. It was a busy year for us.

Take care

I hope you feel better soon, Renee!

I am always very impressed with frugal people! And I always enjoy your posts!

Wow! $75!!
default_smile.png

Susan O.

Also having slept in the barn I know stinky stalls can be part of it but I bet a lot of it was caused by going in and out of the arena. Although I enjoyed and appreciated the coolness of the air conditioned arena I did catch a chill in there more than once and would have frozen to death in my sleep if not for a cuddle from a friend
default_biggrin.png
I had to wake up and go outside every once in a while to get warmed up! Seriously, I didn't fall asleep EVERY time I sat down.....

Hey, Ya made it home okay Lori. Yes, I think it is all of the above. Just too much fun I guess. Crazy, I said I spent 75 bucks. That was for me, probably 10 times that on horse stuff. Hope everyone is home safe and sound and to those going to the World, take care of yourselves.

Make sure you dont have pneumonia of some sort. I got that one time from camping out, doing too much, not eating enough.... it ran me down and I ended getting pneumonia.

I heard you weren't the only one that came home toting a nasty head cold.

But I hear you on those stinky stalls!! Mind you, the VAST majority of exhibitors do a very good job of cleaning their stalls. But I was appalled at those where they obviously were given just one bag of shavings....and OBVIOUSLY had not been cleaned in days....standing on nothing but manure and urine saturated mess. Can you imagine the ammonia (and some of those were mares with foals at side!!). I just can't believe that people could be that thoughtless (and LAZY).

Latest posts

Back