HMMMM...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlestep

Reaction score
om Reuters-

Two apparently fictional donors using the names "Doodad Pro" and "Good Will" gave Obama more than $11,000 in increments of $10 and $25, according to Newsweek.

Other news accounts suggest that roughly 11,500 donors who gave a total of $34 million to the campaign may be citizens of foreign countries, who are not allowed to contribute to U.S. elections, the RNC said.

It seems to the RNC that the Obama campaign knew they were excessive," RNC chief counsel Sean Cairncross said in a conference call. "Yet they appear to have taken no action on their own."

"We see a lack of control, a lack of willingness on the part of the Obama campaign to ask relevant questions," Cairncross said.

From the Washington Post/Reuters

According to both Washington Post and Reuters, Sen. Obama has raised millions of dollars in very questionable contributions including our enemy, Iran. The Federal Elections Commission (FEC) will not confirm whether they're conducting an investigation, but FEC has asked the Obama campaign to explain or to return some of it. That includes over $17,000 given in $25 increments by someone named "Good Will" and listing his employer as "Loving" and his occupation as "You". Someone using similar obviously false information donated even more, claiming to be from a different city.

It also includes millions of dollars from overseas donors. While past campaigns have placed stringent safeguards to ensure that all of that money was coming from U.S. citizens, the Obama campaign has not complied:

The FEC breakdown of the Obama campaign has identified a staggering $222.7 million as coming from contributions of $200 or less [note: more than half of the total]. Only $39.6 million of that amount comes from donors the Obama campaign has identified...

...The FEC has compiled a separate database of potentially questionable overseas donations that contains more than 11,500 contributions totaling $33.8 million. More than 520 listed their "state" as "IR," often an abbreviation for Iran. Another 63 listed it as "UK," the United Kingdom...

...[about $200,000 might be legit, but] others came from places as far as Saudi Arabia, Somalia, China, Iraq, Italy, and a wide selection of towns and cities in France.

Until recently, the Obama Web site allowed a contributor to select the country where he resided from the entire membership of the United Nations, including North Korea and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

I'm afraid Washington politics may be in for a whole new level of deceit, dishonesty and woeful inexperience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid Washington politics may be in for a whole new level of deceit, dishonesty and woeful inexperience.
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
I whole heartedly agree..did you see Sean last night..Obamas "hero" is chavez..No surprise..I am worried about the saftey for Sean now..
default_sad.png

:DOH! Shameful! With the terrorists etc that this man has been linked to I really can not say I am shocked! I wish I could say I was.

Oh, I can't wait for the debate!

You guys crack me up. He is under investigation, not proven guilty. What that means is someone raised a flag. Doesnt mean he or his campaign is at fault in any way. Time will play out whether he is. I always thought you were innocent untill proven guilty? If this story was about McCain, you all would be flipping out.

DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO should be the Republicans motto these days.

Thats right..thats just what I posted..UNDER investigations..don't know what you are reading..
default_unsure.png
default_unsure.png

Thats right..thats just what I posted..UNDER investigations..don't know what you are reading..
default_unsure.png
default_unsure.png

I was replying to posts from others who are SO married to their party that they literally cannot see the forrest for the trees. Doesnt matter what the truth is behind anything , if its in print and against the other guy, it MUST be true.

I was replying to posts from others who are SO married to their party that they literally cannot see the forrest for the trees. Doesnt matter what the truth is behind anything , if its in print and against the other guy, it MUST be true.
tsk, tsk Sounds like you are talking about a Democrat to me.
default_wink.png

tsk, tsk Sounds like you are talking about a Democrat to me.
default_wink.png

Actually, I AM talking about all people married to their parties, Republicans and Democrats. That is why I said 'their party' and didnt specify. When you are SO very tied to something then you will naturally see everything skewed for or against them. You will not be able to see the forrest for the trees. As I have said a million times, it becomes Do as I say not as I do. People have got to stand off to the side and weigh everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there are some solid differences between the two parties and therefore valid reasons why some people ARE either democrats or republicans... And it doesn't involve blindness or the inability to see a forest for the trees.

Back