Hitching

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By Clips I meant Shackles. I really like these and when we work her horses, it certainly saves time.

It doesn't take me an hour to hitch up. My previous post stated exactly how I do things from start to finish. It feels like it takes me a half hour. I'm sure it's not really that long but it just seems that way. I always have to have a second person with him. Most people won't go anywhere near him since he's a biter (have to thank his previous owner for that lovely cupcake). He's gotten better, but it's still an issue.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Hopefully it will get quicker for me.

Heather it takes me a while to for some reason I can get Ravens little horse hitched in no time flat but my mare OMG really I need help or it can take me all day to check and re check and ummm how is this for embarassing it takes me that long and I do not even have breeching LOL It is like I develop OCD only when harnessing her thankfully she stands there forever wondering why I am such a doof I am sure.

I am not sure why there is a difference for me in the 2 horses.

I like Andrea do not tie I tend to hold while I am doing everything unless Raven is there to hold.

Like everything else it I guess it just takes time to learn and hey better to take your time and do it right

Ah! Thanks for that clarification and photo on shackles/snaps. Since I have the kind with hardware on shaft and saddle, that is the kind of quick release I was thinking of. I think the other kind are sometimes called "panic snaps"?

Marsha Cassada said:
Ah! Thanks for that clarification and photo on shackles/snaps. Since I have the kind with hardware on shaft and saddle, that is the kind of quick release I was thinking of. I think the other kind are sometimes called "panic snaps"?
Yes, you have a Quick Hitch harness like this or this, but not quick release stuff per say. There are "quick release tugs" too (see bottom left of this page: Driving Essentials- Tugs) for carts with marathon shafts and they are also very different from the Quick Hitch saddle. The snap shackles certainly function as panic snaps, so maybe they are called that in some places.
default_smile.png

Heather, wish I lived closer! Unless your guy is a complete land shark I think he'd have a rude surprise when he tried to bite me in harness.
default_laugh.png

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back