High Protein- Low Calorie Diet.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricket8

Reaction score
OK so my Skinny girl has gained a ton of weight since she has been with me. I bought her back in September. Anyways. Right now I am feeding her 2 cups of a 12% feed that has vegetable oil instead of molasses with 1/4 of a scoop of Ultimate Finish 100 and around 2 flakes of hay a day. She gets worked on a cart 5 days a week. I have been trying to build her top line and her bum and we aren't getting very far. I was looking for more protein to help build that muscle a bit better but, I really don't want to add too many more calories to her diet. I was thinking of feeding Alfalfa cubes with some beat pulp and maybe a small amount of grain on the side. It is really hard to see what her top line looks like because she has the dorsal stripe but, her bum looks a bit more triangular instead of rounded off. What are your suggestions?

I do need to teach her how to back nicer than she does. She's not very good at it on the ground. I have a hard time in her show halter because she has a scar under her chin that she doesn't even like clippers going near. When I have her in the cart we get about 5 steps and then she is over it. Thank you for mentioning that product. I looked it up and emailed the local dealer around her to see if they carry it.

Latest posts

Back