Hi everyone!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyWI

Reaction score
I've been gone from the forum for quite a while, and even when I used to be here I didn't post too much because of time constraints, but I'm hoping a few of you will remember me.

I've loved looking at the pictures of all your new foals! We had only two this year, but are please with both of them.

I got rid of my last riding horse last month. I've been bucked off three times in three years and broken my ribs all three times. Two times from one horse and this last time from the only horse I kept out of the bunch I had. I've ridden him for almost 6 years and never had a problem, but on our first ride of this season he was just terrible and then as we were heading downhill I stopped him to wait for the other riders, and while standing there he fidgeted and suddenly bucked me off, throwing me into a tree. I broke two ribs and messed up my shoulder. I decided this was it and gave him to a friend who needed a companion for her horse, and am concentrating on working with the minis instead.

I hope to be able to visit here more often!

I remember you! I'm sorry to hear about your riding accident and hope you are feeling ok now.

I remember you. I looked at your site, nice horses and I just love your flower gardens, how beautiful your place must be. I'm lucky if I can grow weeds!

Welcome back, Sandy
default_smile.png

Thanks for the responses! As to those big horses, I started riding when I was 7, so I am experienced. I never showed, though, as I preferred trail riding and my favorite equine sport was team penning. However, being an experienced rider really makes no difference if you have a horse who wants to buck you off!

Marnie, I don't even have one of my 2007 foals added to my website yet. Just been too busy this summer. But thank you for the comments on our place. I really love it here.

My only complaint is that our barn is about 700' down the hill from our house, and in the summer, because of all the trees in between, I can't even see the barn. I just hate that! But there was absolutely no other place here to put a barn.

Hi Sandy,

Welcome back to the forum. :aktion033: I know what you mean about the big horses. I dearly love them but have had too many accidents :eek: with them. Thank the good Lord for minis - they certainly help to fulfill a person's love
default_wub.png
: for horses.

I checked out your website - your barn is awesome
default_yes.gif
: and I loved looking at your flower gardens. I have never seen such a beautiful hosta as the blue - 'June' hosta, the color is just gorgeous!
default_wub.png
:

Great to see another mini addicted person from Wisconsin!! :aktion033:

Hi Sandy, and WELCOME back. If you ever get up to northeast Wisconsin, give me a jingle and come on over! Your place is BEAUTIFUL. Corinne

Hi Sandy, I am brand new to minis, have just bought home our fist mare & shes in foal. Everyone very excited here. We dont have any experience with foaling hence why I have joined this forum. And what a loveley, knowlegable group of people you all are.

Like yourself I have had a few falls that have left me disenchanted with riding and so have given my big boy to my father. We get to an age where we just dont bounce anymore lol.

Never had much to do with the little ones, but now we are totally hooked. Our new girl is the sweetest, funniest, (has a great sense of humour) loving little equine
default_wub.png
:

Lena, the minis are really something, aren't they? Every time I start bathing and clipping my husband refers to them as my "Barbie Dolls".... He knows I didn't like playing with dolls as a kid so he says I'm making up for the things I didn't do as a kid!

I really love the big horses and my barn seems so empty without a single one now! I went riding yesterday (with a friend, and borrowed one of her horses), and had such a wonderful time that I'm thinking about getting my own big boy back!

Latest posts

Back