Hey Margo-CT QH Crop Out Question for you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanothercowgirl

Reaction score
I had this gelding way, way back in my youth days who was a QH crop out that I showed Paint. I saw you had posted something about crop outs on RENMACMINIS thread about her new horse and I had wondered if you could elaborate for me a bit as I always wondered about how he came to be so colorful coming from two QH parents.

I will post what you said on the other thread and some pics of my boy and a couple of question if you don't mind terribly.

But, I digress--what used to be called 'cropouts'-QHs from two 'apparently' solid colored parents, who showed color, (which, it turns out, was usually sabino, or 'hidden'frame) are now recognized as just the visible manifestation of what their parents 'really' were! If that had been known back in the forties, when the AQHA was just getting started, there likely wouldn't even BE an APHA-they would all be under the AQHA umbrella....
Ripleymehalter2.jpg

ripleynmeenglish2.jpg

So here's my questions...would both parents carry the the sabino gene or just one?? Would this cross throw color everytime? Most crop outs that I have seen have the taller leg white and facial white coming back a bit further with a tiny bit of body white as in minimal overo type, this guy takes the cake. I always wondered how he happened??? Explain it to me in little bitty words, would ya??? :lol:

Latest posts

Back